- PUSH-TO-TALK. // America's Network;7/15/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 11, p15
Features Push-to-Talk (PTT), an instant voice connection device developed by Motorola Inc. and popularized by Nextel Communications in the United States. Features of the product; Benefits of the PTT for enterprise users; Usability of the device.
- New Lease on Life. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;1/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p1
Deals with the enhancement of the Motorola-developed iDEN networks technology. Benefits offered by the enhancements; Implication of the enhancements to Nextel Communications and Motorola.
- Nextel, Motorola deal throws open wireless market. Kimball, James G. // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Dec93, Vol. 78 Issue 12, p4
Reports on the impact of the deal between Nextel Communications Inc. and Motorola Inc. on the wireless communication systems in the United States. Nextel's purchase of licenses in 21 states for specialized mobile radio (SMR) from Motorola; Motorola as the owner of a 20 percent stake in Nextel;...
- Twists in 800 MHz saga have parties fighting over $$. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;11/10/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 45, p16
Reports on the plan of U.S.-based wireless communication carrier Nextel Communications Inc. to solve the interference problem at 800 MHz. Amount of money that it would invest to solve the problem; Remarks from Lawrence Krevor of Nextel on the plan; Concern of Motorola Inc. on the issue.
- Motorola i2000plus offered by Nextel. // RCR Wireless News;2/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p18
Reports that Nextel Communications Inc. is offering its customers Motorola Inc.'s i2000plus Internet-capable phone with their wireless service.
- Motorola GPS crash hits Nextel customers. Johnsson, Julie // Crain's Chicago Business;8/16/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 33, p1
A software glitch in Motorola Inc.'s cell phones has left millions of customers of Nextel Communications Inc., without a safety feature that gives 911 operators their precise location. The Global Positioning System function crashed at midnight on July 18 in almost all of the cellular phones...
- News Briefs. // RCR Wireless News;10/15/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p10
Presents news briefs on wireless communication systems as of October 15, 2001. Sale of telephones and services of Sprint PCS Group at Costco Wholesale Corp.; Results of a study of ReFLEX network technology; Initiatives of Nextel Communications Inc. and Motorola Inc. for the development of...
- Motorola rides ups, downs with earnings, software
glitches, new phones. Motsay, Emily // RCR Wireless News;7/26/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 30, p13
Reports on the market performance of Motorola Inc. in the U.S. as of July 2004. Earnings of the company; Features of the wireless devices launched by the company; Impact of the assisted global positioning satellite enabled phones launched by Nextel Communications Inc. on the company.
- Nextel plans upgrade to WiDEN. // RCR Wireless News;11/17/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p6
Reports on the plan of Nextel Communications to upgrade its iDEN wireless network using the WiDEN network technology from Motorola Inc. in 2003. Details of the company's investment plans for the WiDEN technology; Objective of Nextel, according to Tom Kelly, the carrier's executive vice...