- Portugal UMTS contenders line up. // RCR Wireless News;10/16/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p57
Informs on the companies submitting proposals for one of four UMTS telecommunication licenses to be awarded later in 2000 in Portugal.
- Show OFTA the money. Clark, Robert // Telecom Asia;Aug2001, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p13
Focuses on the 3G licensure of telecommunication operators in Hong Kong, China. Impact of auction rules on telecommunication companies; Overview of the auction rules; Concerns expressed by executives on the secrecy provisions of bidding process.
- Canadian bids top $557M. Wendelken, Sandra // RCR Wireless News;1/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p2
Reports that the total bids among the five Canadian companies vying for 40 megahertz of additional spectrum in the two GHz frequency band had reached $557 million at the end of bidding on January 25, 2001.
- Three companies remain in French license contest. // RCR Wireless News;1/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p37
Reports that only three companies are vying for the French government's Universal Mobile Telecommunication System licenses as of January 29, 2001.
- What the cellular bidders have to say. Jesse, Emma // Finance Week;12/10/99, p9
Presents comments from bidders on the South African government's decision to postpone bidding for the third cellular service license in the country. Reasons for the delay; Cost of maintaining the bids; Bidders benefitting from the delay.
- Yemen. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/17/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 50, p35
Focuses on the regional groups' participation in the bidding for Yemen's first global system for mobiles licenses. Failure to attract offers from international telecommunications groups; Companies that have submitted bids.
- FWA tenders coming, but experts still sceptical on UMTS. Holt, Ed // Slovak Spectator;11/20/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 44, pIV
Focuses on the bidding status of telecommunication companies in Slovakia regarding the plan of Telecoms Ministry to tender licenses for the 26 GHz Fixed Wireless Access (FWA). Firms that announced their interest to bid for FWA licenses; Importance of FWA licenses to the telecommunication...
- Feast or famine? Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;12/18/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 25, p14
Describes the state of bidding in the United States (U.S.) reauction of personal communication service system licenses. How bidders can gain eligibility to participate in the auction; Strategies telecommunication firms are using in the auction; Concerns of investors over the U.S. auction prices;...
- German madness threatens 3G wireless. Lynch, Grahame // America's Network;09/15/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 14, p18
Deals with issues surrounding the German auction in mid-August of 2000 for third generation (3G) wireless spectrum licenses. Telecommunication companies involved in the auction; Motivation for the speculative bidding in Germany; Problem facing the wireless code division multiple access networks.