- Geotek sale delayed--again. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;02/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the delay in the bankruptcy sale of Geotek Communications Inc.'s 900 MHz mobile radio licenses. Evaluation of bulk bids for the licenses as reason for the delay; Nextel Communications Inc. as among the bidders.
- Despite signing up customers, Geotek couldn't make a go of business. Bruno, Antony // RCR;10/19/98, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p14
Reports on Geotek Communications Inc.'s inability to progress in the telecommunications market in the United States. Number of employees to ba laid-off by Geotek; Value of assets the telecommunication carrier is planning to sell to recoup money it raised to finance the venture; Company's...
- Geotek blossoms in Big Apple. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;4/1/96, Vol. 230 Issue 14, p8
Reports that Geotek Communications has launched a commercial service in New York metropolitan area to expand its mobile business communications network. Locations of Geotek's commercial launches; How Geotek distinguishes its services.
- Geotek bankruptcy sale reset for Tuesday. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;02/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p23
Speculates on whether Geotek Communications Inc. will announce a bankruptcy sale during court proceedings in Wilmington, Delaware. American telecommunication firms bidding for the company; Delays in court hearings on the bankruptcy case; Interest of carriers in Geotek's radio licenses.
- Dispatch Radio Leery Of NeoWorld Deal. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;06/26/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 26, p26
Reports that a number of dispatch radio businesses banding together as the Alliance for Radio Competition are imploring the United States Federal Communications Commission not to let NeoWorld License Holding Inc. act as an intermediary for Nextel company. Background information on the alliance;...
- McAuley Goes For Licenses. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;03/27/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p1
Reports that Brian McAuley is the anticipated buyer of the spectrum held by Geotek Communications Inc. Percentage increase projected by the Strategis Group at the International Wireless Communications Exposition; Efforts of Nextel Communications Inc. to acquire the licenses; Information on...
- Geotek licenses up for grabs today. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;01/11/99, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p5
Reports on the bankruptcy auction of Geotek Communications Inc.'s 900 MHz specialized mobile radio licenses in the United States in January 1999. Individual and bulk bidders for the licenses; Reason for Nextel's inability to bid in the Geotek auction.
- Geotek licenses may be back on block. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;01/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p5
Presents an update on developments related to bankrupt Geotek Communications Inc. Decision on what to do with specialized mobile radio (SMR) licenses Geotek was planning to sell to Nextel Communications Inc. before a federal judge banned the sale; Antitrust problems on the Nextel deal; Interest...
- Nextel Stocks Up On 900 News. // Wireless Week;01/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p1
Focuses on the licenses of Geotek Communications Inc. which will be transferred to Nextel Communications Inc. Reason for the transfer of the licenses.