- BELL ATLANTIC TRIPLES AVAILABILITY OF INFOSPEED DSL IN MASS. // RBOC Update;May2000, p2
Reports the availability of Infospeed digital subscriber line (DSL) technology, a high-speed Internet connection service from Bell Atlantic for Massachusetts residents and businesses. Benefits of Infospeed DSL connection; Features of the Infospeed DSL package; Components of the Quick Start...
- BA hopes to launch video dialtone in fall. Jessell, Harry A. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/10/94, Vol. 124 Issue 2, p66
Previews the launching of Bell Atlantic's asymmetrical digital subscriber line (ADSL). Company's marketing plans; Remarks from Ken Van Meter, vice president of Bell Atlantic Video Services; Importance of ADSL.
- With DSL, waiting is hardest part. Shannon, Meg // Crain's New York Business;06/26/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p24
Focuses on Bell Atlantic Corp.'s digital subscriber line (DSL) service in New York City. Effects of the city's aging infrastructure on DSL installation; DSL services installed by the company during the first quarter of 2000; Challenges facing the company in rolling out the service.
- Emerging from the shadows. Schoolar, Daryl; Phillips, Melissa // CED;Apr2003, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p62
Reveals that digital subscriber line, fixed wireless and fiber-to-the-home technologies are competing with cable modems for a share of the broadband market. Access to the Internet; Cost effectiveness; Acceptance of bandwidth intensive applications.
- DSL wireless has to be less like DSL. Lynch, Grahame // America's Network;08/01/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 12, p6
Cites the possibility of multipoint microwave distribution system (MMDS) to be the next wireless digital subscriber line (DSL). Challenges faced by MMDS to become the future of wireless DSL; Risk faced in the mass marketing of wireless DSL.
- Compromise between broadband access technologies is key to growth. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;2/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p22
Focuses on the impact of digital subscriber line and cable services on the growth of the wireless communication industry in the United States.
- Not part of the cable and DSL boom? Martin, Michael // Network World;2/11/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p21
Introduces alternative for cable or digital subscriber line wireless method providers from AT&T Co., Sprint, and Mobile Star. Specifications; Disadvantages; Pricing.
- To the neighborhoods! MEYERS, JASON // Telephony;01/18/99, Vol. 236 Issue 3, p7
Presents update on SBC Communications and Bell Atlantic, telecommunication companies that offer digital subscriber line (DSL). SBC Communications' expansion of asymmetrical DSL in the Pacific Bell region; Partnership of Bell Atlantic with America Online; Why the companies had reduced prices of DSL.
- DSL for takeout. Labarba, Liane H. // Telephony;10/11/99, Vol. 237 Issue 15, p9
Reveals that Bell Atlantic and 3Com are selling takehome digital subscriber line kits. Inclusions in the retail kit; Benefits of using the kit; Concerns regarding the retail offering. INSET: Briefly.