- Deregulation in the Communications Industry. Wyatt, Douglas C. // Communications & the Law;Dec98, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p75
Reviews the United States Federal Communications Commission policy and legislation, particularly provisions of the Telecommunications Act of 1996. Status of telephone and cable systems; How the Telecommunications Act of 1996 would impact upon the communications industry; Conclusion.
- symposium. Wilhelm, Anthony G.; Feulner, Edwin // Insight on the News;06/05/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p40
Presents contrasting views on the United States Federal Communications Commission's education-rate, or E-rate, a key provision of the Telecommunications Act of 1996. Advantages and disadvantages of E-rate; Role of E-rate in giving remedy to social and educational problems; Issue on the hidden...
- Fair play in technology. Gallt, Jack J. // State Government News;May99, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p36
Discusses the implementing rules made by the United States Federal Communciations Commission (FCC) under the Telecommunications Act of 1996. Provisions in the law that call for affordable access to telecommunications services for schools and libraries; Importance for the FCC to address the...
- FCC extends Olive branch. // Telephony;02/03/97, Vol. 232 Issue 5, p88
Reports on US Federal Communications Commission's formation of an advisory committee of local and state government officials for the implementation of the Telecommunications Act of 1996.
- Tidbits for the hibachi. Lannon, Larry // Telephony;02/02/98, Vol. 233 Issue 5, p88
Focuses on the United States' telecommunication industry's need for an appropriate interpretation of the telecommunication act imposed by the US Federal Communications Commission. Difference of the digital telecommunication industry from its hybrid predecessor; Consideration of the realities of...
- Fax Restrictions. // Accounting Technology;Oct2003 Supplement, p13
Reports on the issuance by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission of a new order revising the rule related to the Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991.
- More Forbearance Please. Perraut, Andrew // Regulation;Fall2008, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p10
The author comments on forbearance as a unique and powerful deregulatory tool given to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) which makes it illegal to enforce bad regulations. Two facets of the 1996 Telecommunications Act are discussed along with the manner by which FCC handles the...
- Watch your language. Bischoff, Glenn // Telephony;2/10/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 3, p40
Focuses on the role that state utility commissions can play in deciding the network elements that must be unbundled by incumbent carriers under the Telecommunication Act in the U.S. Function of the Federal Communications Commission in the triennial review of unbundled network elements;...
- Brickbats for the FCC. // National Journal;5/03/97, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p857
Reports on the reactions to telecommunication legislations issued by the US Federal Communications Commission. Effect of legislations on telephone user rates.