- FCC gears up for new responsibilities. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;1/8/96, Vol. 126 Issue 2, p8
Reports on additional responsibilities for the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in 1996 if Congress sends its telecommunications legislation to enact. Potential rulemakings in the bill; FCC anticipation of the workload; Promotion of competition in the telephone industry;...
- FCC distorts intent of Telecom Act. Allcott, Wayne // Inside Tucson Business;09/30/96, Vol. 6 Issue 27, p5
Opinion. Comments that recent rulings by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) have overturned Congress' efforts to spur major investment in America's telecommunications network. Promise of the Telecommunications Act of 1996; Contradiction of FCC rules on investment incentives.
- New telecom regulatory framework. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;2/15/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p37
Reports that a legislation that outlines the creation of a regulatory agency to oversee everything concerning the local telecommunications industry in Puerto Rico is now in final draft. Adaption of the US Federal Communications Commission's functions; Definition of the regulatory role of the...
- FCC begin work on telcom act. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;2/19/96, Vol. 126 Issue 8, p14
Reports that the US Federal Communications Commission expects to issue a series of broadcast and cable-related orders and rule making proposals as it begins implementing the Telecommunications Act of 1996. Orders and proposals slated for March 1996; Comments from Reed Hunt, chairman of the...
- The Telecommunications Act of 1996. Gasman, Lawrence // Regulation;1996, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p49
Comments on the Telecommunications Act of 1996 of the United States. History of the bill; Central feature of the 1996 act; Process of deregulation; Purpose of the act; Position of the Federal Communications Commission.
- `Act two' of telecom act begins with the FCC in the starring role. Crowe, Thomas K. // America's Network;4/1/96, Vol. 100 Issue 7, p14
Focuses on the finer details of the 1996 Telecommunications Act in the United States. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) as readying the final details of the Act's rules and policies; Deregulation of the telecommunications industry; New rules on critical topics concerning...
- Hands off to hands on? Bahr, Susan // America's Network;08/15/97, Vol. 101 Issue 16, p12
Focuses on how the Telecommunications Act of 1996 has place the the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in the middle of standard-setting debates for local exchange service. Prerequisites of FCC for Universal Service support to local exchange carriers; How service quality standards will...
- Pressler wants simpler telecommunications bill. McAvoy, Kim // Broadcasting & Cable;12/12/94, Vol. 124 Issue 50, p82
Reports that incoming chairman of the United States Senate Commerce Committee Larry Pressler will call for simplified telecommunications reform legislation in 1995. Schedule of hearings; Criticism about the FCC; Promised delivery of bills for the American people.
- Deregulation in the Communications Industry. Wyatt, Douglas C. // Communications & the Law;Dec98, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p75
Reviews the United States Federal Communications Commission policy and legislation, particularly provisions of the Telecommunications Act of 1996. Status of telephone and cable systems; How the Telecommunications Act of 1996 would impact upon the communications industry; Conclusion.