- Asia-Pacific satellite round-up. Tanner // Telecom Asia;Nov99, Vol. 10 Issue 11, pS4
Lists domestic satellite communication companies in the Asia-Pacific region and their artificial satellites. Includes Australia's Cable & Wireless Optus Ltd., which has Optus A2, A3, B1 and B3 satellites; Mabuhay Philippines Satellite Corp. with Agila 2 satellite; South Korea's Ministry of...
- Mitsubishi Wins Key Optus/Military Contract. Mecham, Michael // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/19/1998, Vol. 149 Issue 16, p78
Reports that in 1998 Asian satellite manufacturer, Mitsubishi Electric Co. won an Australian contract to build commercial satellites for the Cable & Wireless Optus network. Selection of Mitsubishi Electric (Melco) from among three other European and United States competitors; High cost of...
- Optus gets a little insecure. Yiacoumi, Roulla // Australian Personal Computer;Jan2000, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p26
Reports on an incident where a file containing Net access account usernames and passwords found its way into Cable & Wireless Optus' Web site. Change of logins and passwords; Problems of the Web site.
- Cable & Wireless Optus reviews structure, strategy. // RCR Wireless News;10/2/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p34
Reports on the review being conducted by Cable & Wireless Optus on its structural and strategic options for all of its operating businesses. Description of the review.
- Mobile, business units drive Optus profits. // RCR;08/16/99, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p47
Reports on the financial performance of Australia's Cable & Wireless Optus for the fiscal year ended June 30, 1999. After tax profits of $113 million; Factors attributed to revenue growth.
- Optus adds three. Ferguson, Adele // BRW;10/15/99, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p20
Reports that Cable & Wireless Optus Ltd. has added new cable television channels in Australia. Forecasts of favorable audience response to the channels that include Animal Planet, Oh! and CNNfn.
- Optus lures new bidder. Ferguson, Adele // BRW;02/09/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p32
Reports on the proposed sale of Australia-based telecommunications firm Cable and Wireless Optus as of February 9, 2001. Emergence of a fourth bidder for the company's assets; Background on the company's share of the telecommunications market in the country; Companies participating in the...
- PROFITS UP AT C&W OPTUS. Woods, Mark // Daily Variety;05/19/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 55, p4
Informs on the financial results for Australian telephony group Cable & Wireless Optus, announced in May 2000.
- Optus begins to put local telephony flop to rest. Sainsbury, Michael; Lynch, Grahame // Telecom Asia;Jan99, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p14
Informs about Australia-based Cable & Wireless Optus' settlement of a legal dispute with hybrid fiber-coaxial (HFC) equipment manufacturer ADC Telecommunications. Selection of ADC as original supplier for untried commercially HFC telephony product on Optus' broadband network in 1995; Technical...