The glitter of DBS gold
- EchoStar slaps DirecTv with suit. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;02/07/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p1
Reports on EchoStar's filing of an antitrust lawsuit against DirecTv on allegations that DirecTv conspired with manufacturing partners Thomson MultiMedia and Hughes Network Systems to monopolize distribution of direct-broadcast satellite systems. EchoStar's claim that DirecTv forced retailers...
- Satellite Firms Continue To Add Local Services. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;03/13/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p18
Reports that DirecTV Inc. and EchoStar Communications Corp. continued to expand their satellite television broadcasting services in the United States. List of television channels operated by the companies; Total number of American cities covered by the companies' satellite television...
- DBS Suppliers Hit Subscirber Records. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;03/19/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p1
Reports on record sales in the fourth quarter of 2000 for net subscriber additions for high-power direct-broadcast satellite operators in the United States. Number of new subscribers of EchoStar; Cumulative total DISH Network subscribers; Subscriber activations of DirecTV.
- DBS was hot in August. Hogan // Multichannel News;09/20/99, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p34
Reports on the sales performance of United States-based satellite television firms DirecTV Inc. and EchoStar Communications Corp. for August 1999. Increase in number of subscribers.
- DBS eyes record sales in 2000. Hogan // Multichannel News;01/03/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p1
Reports on developments related to the direct-broadcast satellite television industry in the United States as of January 3, 2000. Number of subscribers acquired by satellite television firms DirecTV Inc. and EchoStar Communications Corp. in the year 1999; Companies' subscriber recruitment plans...
- DBS firms increase Latino marketing push. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;01/24/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p24
Highlights the plans of direct-broadcast satellite providers DirecTV Inc. and EchoStar Communications Corp. to promote satellite services targeting Hispanic-American households. Launch of campaign backed by radio and print advertisements; Additional markets of DirecTV Para Todos service.
- DBS Adds More Programming Packages. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;04/03/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p6
Reports on developments related to satellite television industry in the United States as of April 3, 2000. EchoStar Communications' launch of its programming packages; DirecTV's programming announcements.
- What If EchoStar Bought DirecTV? Schaeffler, Jimmy // Multichannel News;7/30/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 31, p54
Deals with pros and cons of EchoStar Communications Corp.'s purchase of DirecTV. Best argument for a unified digital broadcast satellite spectrum in the United States; Improved efficiencies in uplink and subscriber management centers; Antitrust implication.
- DBS to disclose SVOD hard drive requirements. // CED;Oct2002, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p16
Reports that direct broadcast satellite television providers, EchoStar Communications Corp. and DirecTV Inc. will disclose how much set-top hard drive space customers will have to give up in order to enjoy subscription-on-demand (SVOD) services offered via satellite.