New content for a changing broadcast model
- If anyone doubted. Taylor, Catharine P. // Adweek Eastern Edition;5/17/1999, Vol. 40 Issue 26, p63
Focuses on the interactive television deal between United States satellite television broadcasting companies America Online (AOL) Inc. and DirecTV. Regulators' deliberation on whether consumers should be able to access AOL through cable-based online connections.
- It was a busy week in commercial space. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/28/1999, Vol. 150 Issue 26, p21
Reports on America Online Inc.'s investment in satellite television company Hughes Electronics Corp. Details of the investment agreement.
- AOL, DirecTV pact on interactive TV. Peers, Martin; Graser, Marc // Variety;05/17/99, Vol. 375 Issue 1, p41
Highlights America Online's (AOL) partnerships with satellite broadcaster DirecTV and several electronics and computer companies to help develop interactive AOL TV.
- Satellite-to-home AOL. Tedesco, Richard // Broadcasting & Cable;06/28/99, Vol. 129 Issue 27, p33
Reports on America Online's business deal with satellite television firm Hughes Electronics. Terms of the agreement; Development and promotion of America Online's Internet services over satellite television firms DirecTV and DirecPC.
- Satellite Bill add-ons set to rise again. Hearn // Multichannel News;11/29/99, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p1
Presents an update on a proposed bill aimed at promoting satellite delivery of local television signals in rural markets in the United States. Legislative issue concerning an effort by America Online Inc. to secure a copyright license to transmit local television signals to online subscribers;...
- Not just your regular Internet TV. Lafferty // CED;Nov99, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p40
Focuses on the Internet television industry. Implementation of moves toward Internet-TV products by the direct broadcast satellite industry; Echostar Communications Corp. and Web TV Networks Inc.'s alliance to create the world's first Internet TV service in January 1999; Key partners in the...
- Satellite news service planned. // African Business;Sep97, Issue 224, p40
Reports on Bloomberg and World-Space's announcement of an agreement to broadcast 24-hour news and information on 23 satellite television channels. African programming; Use of the AfriStar satellite.
- Satellite technology. Prehn, Eileen // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p42
Reports that satellite technology has spread across Asia bringing television and radio to over 50 countries. Star Television in Asia. INSET: Getting the message across..
- Changing affiliates juggle dishes. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;12/5/94, Vol. 124 Issue 49, p64
Reports on the state of direct broadcast satellite television in the United States. Technological innovations; Establishment of dedicated satellite service; Equipment purchases; Examples of American television networks upgrading their satellite television services.