- History in the Media. // History Today;Apr2000, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p8
Presents news briefs dealing with history and historical subjects. Libel charged by historian David Irving against Deborah Lipstadt and Penguin Books company; Scientist honored by a gathering in Rome; Pirate ship found at the coast of Madagascar.
- Past Imperfect. Schneider, Wendie Ellen // Yale Law Journal;Jun2001, Vol. 110 Issue 8, p1531
Analyzes the libel case David Irving versus Penguin Books Ltd. Details of Irving's libel lawsuit against Deborah Lipstadt, a historian, and publisher Penguin Books; Testimony of historians serving as expert witnesses at the trial level; Purposes of the conscientious historian standard.
- The Price of Trugh: History, Deborah Lipstadt, and the Libel Trial. Zainaldin, Jamil // Perspectives;Jan2002, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p27
Focuses on the libel case filed by author David Irving against historian Deborah Lipstadt in London, England. Citation of the book published by Lipstadt about Jews; Issues on duties of a historian and ethics of revisionism; Details on the credibility of professional historians.
- MILESTONES. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);4/24/2000, Issue 16, p26
Presents news briefs on events in the lives of famous people. The death of actor Larry Linville; Congolese women's rights advocate Immaculee Birhaheka's receipt of the Martin Ennals prize for human rights; Appointment of Banyat Bantadtan as Thailand's Deputy Prime Minister; Death of actress...
- Shorts. // History Today;May2000, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p9
Presents news briefs about history as of May 2000. Libel action of revisionist historian David Irving against author Deborah Lipstadt and Penguin Books; Requests for a formal national recognition of British participation in the slave trade; Letters about the 1912-1914 love affair of British...
- Debating degrees of evil. Grose, Thomas K. // U.S. News & World Report;01/24/2000, Vol. 128 Issue 3, p33
Reports on a British libel suit concerning the history of the Holocaust during World War II. Historian David Irving suing Emory University Prof. Deborah Lipstadt and Penguin Books, the publisher of her book `Denying the Holocaust: The Growing Assault on Truth and Memory'; Issue of Irving's...
- False Witness: The Irving-Lipstadt Trial and the New Yorker. Alexander, Edward // Judaism;Fall2001, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p453
Assesses Ian Buruma's account of David Irving's lawsuit against Deborah Lipstadt in the April 16, 2001 issue of the 'New Yorker.' Origin of the lawsuit; Reasons Noam Chomsky defended right-wing Holocaust deniers.
- Sad, foolish, rather disgusting. Buchan, James // New Statesman;04/24/2000, Vol. 129 Issue 4483, p23
Deals with the libel case between British writer David Irving and Deborah E. Lipstadt, a professor of Modern Jewish and Holocaust Studies at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. Information on the article of the `Tehran Times' newspaper regarding Irving's case; Accusation of Lipstadt against...
- THE PRICE OF DEFENDING HITLER. Lukacs, John // Bulletin with Newsweek;04/25/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6221, p91
Focuses on author David Irving's libel suit against professor Deborah E. Lipstadt filed in Great Britain. Case background; Justice Charles Gray's ruling against Irving; Irving's claim that millions of Nazis were not murdered by the Nazis and that German dictator Adolf Hitler did not plan the...