- ZapMe! reports first finances following October IPO. // Electronic Education Report;02/16/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p7
Informs on the financial results for ZapMe! Corp., a provider of technology and online educational content to schools, in the fourth quarter of 1999.
- Falling export orders will lead to fall in UK profitability. // Credit Management;Jan1998, p9
Reports that the profitability of British companies has increased in the last six years to 1998 according to an Experian Corporate Health Check. Average return of capital; Factors influencing the increase in manufacturing output, increased domestic demand and productivity improvements.
- Billboard's bombshell. Pittendrigh, Peter // Finance Week;08/20/99, p80
Reports on South Africa-based Billboard's warnings on lower-than-expected profits for the interim period to the end of August 1999. Impact of costs associated with the firm's advertising subsidiary The Agency; Effects of the economic slump on the firm's profits.
- Managers should think firm value, not profits. Petty, J. William // Baylor Business Review;Fall1993, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p19
Examines the significance of company earnings. Value of company based on earnings; Concern on short term instead of long term; Underinvestment in assets in the United States.
- The revival of corporate profitability in the United States. Rippe, Richard D. // Business Economics;Jan1996, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p35
Discusses the major shift in corporate profitability in the United States. Factors that contributed in the surge in profitability; Implications of the improved profitability on financial markets and capital formation; Stimulation of capital spending.
- Plan for another profitable year. Gatland, Laura // Crain's Chicago Business;12/08/97, Vol. 20 Issue 49, pSB23
Gives advice from Larry Winters, assistant vice-president of small business and express services for Dun and Bradstreet Corporation, on how to maintain profitability in a business. Prospects for small businesses in Chicago, Illinois, for 1997.
- Corporate profits. // Economic Indicators;Jul93, p8
Presents a chart and graph on corporate profits from 1982 to 1993. Profits before and after tax; Tax liability; Undistributed profits; Inventory valuation adjustment.
- Corporate profits. // Economic Indicators;Aug93, p8
Presents statistics on corporate profits for the 1993 second quarter. Pre-tax profits with inventory valuation adjustment; Tax liability; Profits after tax.
- Nonfinancial corporate business--output,costs and profits. // Economic Indicators;Nov93, p3
Shows gross domestic product of nonfinancial corporate business in billions of dollars (1993 and 1987) from 1985 to the third quarter of 1993. Current-dollar cost and profit per unit of output; Output per hour of all employees, 1993 and 1987 dollars.