Internet Rights Service Raking In The Publishers, But Not The Cash
- Is the future of rights online? Anderson, Scott // Quill & Quire;Dec99, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p8
Features the Rightscenter.com Inc. in Palo Alto, California. Improvement of secure network for confidential information; Specification of tracking system; Importance of the website for publishing industry.
- Rightscenter.com Inks Deals; Gears Up for Fairs. Rein, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;2/28/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 9, p14
Reports that Rightscenter.com announced deals and alliances aimed at introducing online rights management to the United States publishing industry. Details on its agreement with the London Book Fair; Features of its Web site.
- Online Rights Marketplaces Announces Separate Alliances. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;10/23/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 43, p9
Reports on the alliances announced by some online publishing rights marketplaces as of October 23, 2000. Agreement of Rightsworld.com with the National Writers union; Alliance of Rightscenter.com with Vista International; Terms of the alliances.
- hot deals. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;12/18/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 51, p13
Presents news briefs on some deals in the publishing industry as of December 2000. Book deal between Mary Ellen O'Neill of Hyperion and author Jeffrey J. Fox; Launching of publishing tools from Rightscenter.com; Deal signed by William Gay and Amy Scheibe with Doubleday.
- In the Loop... // Book Publishing Report;02/05/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p8
Presents news items related to the publishing industry in the United States as of February 5, 2001. HarperCollins Publishers Inc.'s launching of a customer support Web site; Rightscenter.Com's creation of a directory of book-to-film adaptation rights available on its Web site; New York city...
- PDF: Can it move from wish list to production workflow? Wolf, Kurt K. // Seybold Report on Publishing Systems;04/27/98, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p3
Presents information on the Portable Document Format (PDF) by Adobe. Reference to technology introduced at PDF Day in New York in April, 1998; Information on PostScript files; Examination of an application that could covert any PostScript file into a format that could be read on any computer...
- Why some sites give me Weblash. Vernadakis, George // Inter@ctive Week;07/22/96, Vol. 3 Issue 15, p82
Opinion. Comments on the trend where traditional media is attempting to capture a wider market by offering products on the Internet. Benefits of looking at the home page of such Web sites; Example given relating to the publishing company Conde Nast; View concerning what users have surrendered...
- What's new in tax and accounting research? Wolosky, Howard W. // Practical Accountant;Jun98, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p47
Focuses on the increase use of Internet products by tax and accounting publishers, while highlighting the addition of products and the improvement of Internet interfaces by publishers. Launch of Internet products by publisher RIA on its CHECKPOINT system; Identification of the products;...
- Web watch. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;9/23/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 39, p16
Presents briefs regarding publishing and digital media, as of September 23, 1996. Web sites featuring books and authors; Salon, a literary, political and cultural events Web journal launched in late 1995; Growth of government on the World Wide Web; Belief by publisher of `George' magazine that...