- Dead Famous uses `guidance' tack to counter criticisms. // Campaign;05/29/98, Issue 22, p4
Focuses on the efforts of the Dead Famous company, which uses dead celebrities in its advertisements to combat criticism. Details on the company being a part of Talent Corporation, a casting and celebrity services specialist; Comments from Philip Circus, the Newspaper Society's advertising law...
- Football Spreads, Runs and Market Efficiency. Kochman, Ladd; Goodwin, Randy // American Business Review;Jan2002, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p59
Investigates the implications of streaking football teams for market efficiency in Las Vegas, Nevada. Distinction between continuation and termination of a streak for the games; Use of mechanical betting rules to probe football market efficiency; Production of superior returns in the stock market.
- Marketing team buoyed by Browns town. Niswander, Andree // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/26/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 34, BROWNS 2002 pB-11
Reports the increase of the revenue of Cleveland Brown football team in Ohio. Use of marketing strategies; Advantage of sponsorships and partnerships; Effects of the 2002 September 11 tragedy in the sports industry.
- Fulham FC in hunt for direct agency. Frankel, Hannah // Precision Marketing;10/18/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p1
Reports that the Fulham Football Club is looking for a direct marketing agency to exploit its growing fanbase and create a customer relationship management strategy. Background on the operations of the football club; Plan to tap into the Japanese market.
- Mobiles hike prices. Hoy, Marcus // Play the Game 2007: Creating Coalitions for Good Governance in S;2007, p21
The article reports on the increasing prices of the digitalisation of merchandising in football clubs.
- Chargers Make a Marketing Push Into Orange County. Reed, Vita // San Diego Business Journal;4/14/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p6
Reports on the marketing efforts of the San Diego, California football team Chargers to grow its fan base in Orange County and other Southland areas. Speculations about the team's marketing efforts; Negotiations with the San Diego city officials for a football-only stadium.
- Spanish success and its influence on sports marketing. Chadwick, Simon // International Journal of Sports Marketing & Sponsorship;Apr2007, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p205
The author reflects on the success of Spanish sports and its influence on sports marketing. He mentions that Real Madrid is commonly known as the world's most valuable football organization. The author claims that most western sports are now engaged in market development and market-strategies...
- A team searches for fans. Garver, Rob // Business News New Jersey;05/17/99, Vol. 12 Issue 20, p8
Features the marketing strategy of the New Jersey Red Dogs football team. Efforts to attract a fan following; Views of Beth Colon, chief executive officer of the National Football League team; Affordable tickets; Aim to attract families and children; Marketing deals with Modell's Sporting Goods...
- Blackburn not for sale. // Eastern Eye;11/18/2011, p37
The article reports on the denial of Venky's on rumors that it is selling its club Blackburn Rovers.