Samsung unveils Olympic package
- Report questions Olympic backing. Fletcher, Mike // Marketing Event;Oct2000, p6
Reports that ambush marketing was more effective than official sponsorship packages during the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games, according to a survey conducted by the Chartered Institute of Marketing. Companies that benefited from the event.
- A Brand Is a Terrible Thing to Waste. Nucifora, Alf // Business News New Jersey;10/17/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 42, p53
Comments on the marketing campaigns for brand name products during the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games broadcasts in the United States. Companies with failed and successful campaigns; Failure of the campaign of Coca-Cola to generate interest.
- DESTINATION: SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA. Ford, Anne // Crain's Chicago Business;10/29/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 44, p49
The article presents information about visiting Sydney, New South Wales, which the author believes is a good place to visit. It states that the city gained a heightened global presence after the 2000 Olympic Games. It also reports that spring runs from September through November in Australia,...
- A Shrinking Olympic Pool. Carruthers, Fiona // Time International (South Pacific Edition);11/8/99, Issue 45, p44
Reports response to the admission by the Sydney Organising Committee for the Olympic Games (SOCOG) that tickets for spectators of the 2000 Olympic Games had been sold at a premium to organizations and wealthy individuals. Response of the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC);...
- High on Sydney. Larmer, Brook; Clifton, Tony; Roberts, Melissa // Newsweek;10/2/2000, Vol. 136 Issue 14, p66
Reports on the hosting of the 2000 Olympic Games by the city of Sydney, New South Wales. Appreciation of fans who have travelled to Australia for the Olympics and vacation; Discussion of the planning that went into hosting the Olympic Games; Discussion of the live entertainment centers...
- Training for the Olympics. Ruggia, James // Travel Agent;06/16/97, Vol. 286 Issue 8, p92
Focuses on the preparation of Australian tourism and marketing officials for the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney. Australian Tourism Commission's marketing strategy; Growth of tourist arrivals in the country; Importance of international conventions to the country's tourism industry.
- Our big chance to build global brands. Miller, Bob // Bulletin with Newsweek;12/09/97, Vol. 116 Issue 6101, p57
States the Sydney Olympics presents an opportunity for Australian wool producers among others to create a brand name. Wisdom of moving from broad based generalised promotion to distinctively Australian promotion; Very few Australian brands being developed; Importance of the Olympics to...
- Samsung's Olympic Plunge. Griggs, Kim // Wireless Week;05/08/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p18
Focuses on the wireless equipment that will be provided by Samsung Electronics for the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney, New South Wales. Mobile phones that will be used; Significance of the event to Samsung's business; Role of Telstra telecommunication company in the event.
- The Summer Olympics? No Sweat. Bourrie, Sally Ruth // Wireless Week;08/21/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 34, p46
Reports the partnership between Telstra and Samsung Electronics Ltd. in preparation for the Olympic Games in Sydney, New South Wales. Installation of antennas in tournament venues; Provision of mobile handsets and pagers by Samsung; Availability of free wireless calls to athletes.