- Cases. // Journal of Criminal Law;Jun2007, Vol. 71 Issue 3, pv
The article presents a list of court cases.
- Untitled. // New Yorker;11/11/1974, Vol. 50 Issue 38, p139
An excerpt from "Jacksonville Florida Times-Union," is presented concerning a litigation proceeding.
- Prop 8 appeal to be heard Dec. 6. // Windy City Times;10/27/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p9
The article announces that oral arguments in the Proposition 8 case, Perry v. Schwarzenegger, will be heard by the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals on December 6, 2010 at 10 a.m. at the James R. Browning U.S. Courthouse in San Francisco, California.
- Court Unreasonably Refuses to Suspend Trial for Litigant's Religious Observance. Zemil, Brian A. // Litigation News;Summer2011, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p7
The article discusses a court case, Neustadter v. Holy Cross Hospital of Silver spring Inc., wherein the highest court of Maryland released that the court can misuse its discretion by refusing to suspend case of a litigant because of his two days absence for religious reason. It further states...
- Plaintiff's Own Testimony Dooms Case. Rogak, Lawrence N. // Insurance Advocate;1/2/2006, Vol. 117 Issue 1, p12
The article presents the court case of Torain versus Labiner filed at the Civil Court in Bronx County, New York. The reason of the complaint was the plaintiff's fall from a flight of stairs at the defendant dentist's office. The testimony of the plaintiff and the defendant, and the grounds...
- ROUNDUP. Mack, Debbi // Corporate Legal Times;Feb2001, Vol. 11 Issue 111, p74
Presents a circuit by circuit update on corporate cases in the United States as of February 2001. Inclusion of the New York City Transit Authority's dispute of a fraudulently procured settlement and judgment in personal injury actions; Petition by Shell Oil Co. and OXY USA Inc. for a rehearing...
- PROCEDURE--COURT. // Landlord v. Tenant;Mar2012, p9
The article discusses the court cases including Cazares v. Aguilar, 19 Steven Lane Corp. v. Kovar, and Henry Phipps Plaza South Assocs. L.P. v. Rodriguez which deal with the court procedure.
- ALABAMA: JeffCo Trio Seek Trial Delay. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/23/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33154, p9
The article reports on a second delay of a trial seeking by the three men indicted in a Jefferson County, Alabama sewer bond pay-to-play criminal case. They asked for the second delay because the case is complex and they have not had time to sift through all the discovery evidence. The trial is...
- Police must give Miranda warning in misdemeanor traffic offense. // American Bar Association Journal;Dec83, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p1904
Discusses several cases in the United States. 'Miranda v. Arizona'; 'McCarty v. Herdman'; 'California v. Ramirez'; 'Graves v. United States.'