Wembley set for facility upgrade
- Final hours at the twin towers? Bose, Mihir // Director;Feb1995, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p34
Focuses on the future of Wembley plc in Great Britain. Offers to buy the company; What sport that company is associated with; History of the company; Identity of serious bidders; Conflicts that have affected the company; Company's financial status.
- Wembley's back in the game. Robb, Liam // Management Today;Jun97, p70
Presents information on the bids for 120 million of Lottery money which the Wembley plc mandated for the transformation of the English National Stadium. Where the competition for the Lottery money mainly came from; Comments from Tony Banks, Labor Minister of Parliament for Newham North West.
- Webley puts plans for overhaul on hold. Fletcher, Mike // Marketing Event;Sep2000, p5
Reports the delay in the redevelopment plans of Wembley company. Overview of the redevelopment plans; Reason for the delay.
- Stadium stall hits Wembley's plans. Fletcher, Mike // Marketing Event;May2000, p6
Focuses on the stalled plans of Wembley in redeveloping the Wembley National Stadium. Role of the Brent Council in the approval of the plans; Effect of the stalled plans to the proposed hosting of the World Cup in 2006.
- Property to be valued less frequently. // Accountancy;May97, Vol. 119 Issue 1245, p68
Reports on Wembley PLC's decision to revise its schedule for valuation of its properties. Details of the revision; Preparation of the 1996 account.
- Wembley reveals plan to focus on track-base businesses. // Leisure & Hospitality Business;8/22/2002, p2
Reports on the plans of gaming and track entertainment group Wembley to focus on its track-based gaming operations following the disposal of a number of non-core businesses. Disposal of leisure and entertainment complex; Financial performance of the company.
- Wembley's cash plans. // Marketing Event;May98, p6
Reports that Wembley plc may use funds from cash sale of Wembley Stadium for future acquisitions. Plans for acquisitions in the leisure sector; Reason for choosing the bid of English National Stadium Trust over Arsenal Football Club.
- Buy-outs put Really Useful Theatres in strong position. // Music Week;6/29/2002, Issue 25, p4
Reports on the acquisition deal of Andrew Lloyd Webber's Really Useful Theatres with the ticketing company Way Ahead and Wembley PLC as of June 29, 2002. Estimated cost of the acquisition deal; Clients of Way Ahead prior to the acquisition deal; Terms of the deal.
- IN BRIEF. // Event;Apr2002, p7
Presents updates on the exhibition industry in Great Britain as of April 2002. Information on the Scottish Outdoor Show held at the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre; Sale of the corporate hospitality business Keith Prowse of Wembley company; Details of the Daily Telegraph House &...