Vodafone hits back over deal
- Vodafone laces up its boots. Hall, Emma // Campaign (UK);02/25/2000, Issue 8, p14
Reports on the benefits derived by both Vodafone and the Manchester United soccer team from their sponsorship deal. Marketing of Manchester United branded mobile telephones; Vodafone's marketing and branding activities; Role of commercial and marketing director, Paul Donovan.
- ...and unveils Man Utd mobile phone portal. // Marketing Week;10/19/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p9
Reports on Great Britain-based Vodafone Group PLC's launch of its mobile telephone portal for Manchester United soccer team called manUmobile. Services and privileges to be offered to the team's fans who register for the service; Plan to roll the service to other mobile telephone networks.
- Review. // Campaign;10/10/97, Issue 41, p5
Reports on the expected multi-million pound bidding competition to sponsor Manchester United in Manchester, England, as the club's contract with Sharp ends in 1998.
- The usual suspects dominate. // Sports Marketing (14608359);Dec2001, Issue 77, p2
Presents information on the result of the Papertrack, a method of evaluating the media impact of sports sponsorship in Great Britain. Decline of football team Manchester United; Evaluation of English sports; Sporting properties which dominate media coverage as of December 2001.
- Eight More Years. // Best's Review;Sep2013, Vol. 114 Issue 5, p14
The article reports on the extension of the sponsorship of insurance company Aon PLC to British soccer team Manchester United.
- Industry comments. // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;2/12/2009, p5
The article presents the views of Ben Heyhoe of Flint Repucom International and Adrian New, senior vice president group sales and marketing at World Sport Group on the Manchester United soccer team's plan to look for its shirt sponsors in Asia. Heyhoe said that probably only a multi-national...
- Axa wants to pay less for FA Cup if Man Utd stay out. Darby, Ian // Marketing (00253650);10/28/1999, p1
Cites plans by Axa Financial Inc. to renegotiate the fee it paid to become FA Cup sponsor if the Manchester United soccer team fails to decide by October 30, 1999 whether it will join the tournament. Axa's plan to ensure that other teams are not allowed to opt out in future seasons.
- Man U in Aperol campaign. // Publican's Morning Advertiser;1/23/2014, Issue 132, p19
The article reports on the Manchester United football club's promotional campaign for Italian liqueur Aperol after making it the Official Global Spirits Partner of the club.
- SU on Man U jerseys. // Travel Daily;7/10/2013, p5
The article reports on the five-year sponsorship deal signed by Russian airline company Aeroflot with English football team Manchester United.