Giants target Net role
- Reed Elsevier Acquires Maison & Objet/Macef. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Sep2000, Vol. 101 Issue 9, p24
Reports the contract signed by Reed Elsevier PLC with United News & Media PLC to purchase the company including Miller Freeman Europe. Integration planned for the business; Major exhibitions included in the deal; Significance of the acquisition.
- UNITED SELLS TRADE MAGS. Boehm, Erich // Daily Variety;07/26/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 36, p6
Reports on United News & Media PLC's sell of Miller Freeman Europe to Reed Elsevier PLC, a publishing firm in Europe.
- United News & Media PLC. Dawtrey, Adam // Variety;8/26/96 Supplement Creators, Vol. 364 Issue 4, p52
Profiles United News and Media PLC. Company background; Business operations; Financial performance.
- United News & Media. Dawtrey, Adam // Variety;08/25/97 Supplement, Vol. 368 Issue 3, p40
Features media and entertainment company United News & Media. Formation of the company via the merger of MAI and United Newspapers; Launch of a bid to takeover HTV; Accumulation of a portfolio of film investments; Plans for a joint venture with Warner Bros.
- Untitled. P., Shankar // njbiz;11/10/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p1
The article reports that according to the state Economic Development Authority (EDA), the state of New Jersey has offered seven firms incentives to create 680 jobs and invest nearly $75 million in capital projects in grants from its Business Employment Incentive Program (BEIP). Reed Elsevier...
- United News and Media has announced pre-tax profits... // Campaign;09/12/97, Issue 37, p3
Reports on the increase in the pre-tax profits of United News and Media for six months, ended June 30, 1997. Broadcasting profits; Consumer publishing division.
- Reed Elsevier purchases Chilton ophthalmology, optometry titles. // Medical Marketing & Media;Jul97, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p8
Reports on Reed Elsevier's acquisition of trade publications from the Chilton group of Walt Disney Co. Value of the deal.
- Elsevier, Reed publishers merge. // American Libraries;Nov92, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p896
Reports that Elsevier and Reed International publishers have announced a stock merger September 17 that will create one of the world's largest publishing empires. Elsevier is the Dutch publisher; Reed International is the British owner of several American houses; How the new publishing giant...
- Restructuring concluded. // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;May94, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p36
Reports on the reorganization of Reed Elsevier's Trade Show Division.