Always A Priest, Always Present
- A chronology of declarations, trips, some slips of the... Jones, Arthur // National Catholic Reporter;05/29/98, Vol. 34 Issue 30, p9
Features Cardinal John J. O'Connor, archbishop of New York. Personal information; Achievements; Highlights of his work in New York.
- Two Men for This Season. // National Review;3/9/1984, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p21
Reports on appointment of Bernard Law and John J. O'Connor to the post of cardinals of Boston, Massachusetts and New York City churches respectively by Pope John Paul II. Reasons provided for the appointment of cardinals by the Pope; Profile of Bishop O'Connor; Expectations of the U.S. people...
- Papal bull session. Smith, Chris // New York;12/16/96, Vol. 29 Issue 49, p24
Speculates on who will succeed John Cardinal O'Connor, who is two years over the Vatican-declared retirement age, as cardinal of New York City. His work as cardinal; The list of possibilities for successor, Archbishop Theodore McCarrick, Bishop Henry Mansell, Bishop Edward Egan, and others.
- A Magnificent Ride. McFadden, Faith // Human Life Review;Spring/Summer2000, Vol. 26 Issue 2/3, p47
Pays tribute to John Cardinal O'Connor, Archbishop of New York. Highlights of the Cardinal's funeral; Statements of his colleague's on his dedication; Closeness of the priest to the author's husband; Cardinal's Re-dedication Mass.
- Holy Innocents. McFadden, Maria // Human Life Review;Spring/Summer2000, Vol. 26 Issue 2/3, p54
Describes how Cardinal John O'Connor of New York had inspired the author in times of grief. Support over her miscarriage, her autistic son, her father's cancer and the death of his brother; Cardinal's love for retarded children; Efforts of the Cardinal to hold forum to listen to the parents of...
- A Consistent Ethic of Love. Pavone, Fr. Frank // Human Life Review;Spring/Summer2000, Vol. 26 Issue 2/3, p58
Focuses on the efforts of Cardinals John O'Connor and Joseph Bernardin on focusing people's attention to the dignity of human life. Motto of Cardinal O'Connor; Dichotomies in Cardinal O'Connor's life; Reflections of Cardinal Bernardin on 'Consistent Ethic of Life.'
- Remembering Him. Hentoff, Nat // Human Life Review;Spring/Summer2000, Vol. 26 Issue 2/3, p67
Reflects on the life and works of Cardinal John O'Connor, Archbishop of New York. Passion for sanctity of every individual's life and labor unions; Criticisms on the O'Connor's signing of a pastoral letter on the economy; Cardinal's sense of humor; Emotionally hurting incidents in the...
- Mourning the loss of Cardinal O'Connor. Crouch, Stanley // Human Life Review;Spring/Summer2000, Vol. 26 Issue 2/3, p69
Reflects on the death of Cardinal John O'Connor, Archbishop of New York. Role in upholding a sort of religious majesty; Role of the Cardinal's sense of humor in his success as a religious leader; Service in the Marines in Vietnam; Efforts in handling the AIDS crisis.
- Cardinal O'Connor, R.I.P. Potemra, Michael // Human Life Review;Spring/Summer2000, Vol. 26 Issue 2/3, p72
Pays tribute to Cardinal John O'Connor, Archbishop of New York. Years of service to the Catholics of New York; People's criticisms on his being reactionary; Role in New York Catholicism; Controversies about his personality regarding his tenure as archbishop; Devotion to the church and people.