Dawson And The Daunting Questions
- Enquiries into Religion and Culture. F. X. T. // America;8/19/1933, Vol. 49 Issue 20, p473
The article reviews the book "Enquiries Into Religion and Culture," by Christopher Dawson.
- IDOLS OF THE STATE. HITCHCOCK, JAMES // Touchstone: A Journal of Mere Christianity;Jan/Feb2016, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p24
The article offers the author's view on secularists and their demand for excluding religion from government. He mentions historian Christopher Dawson who belief on the religion of culture which is replaced as in pre-Roman Empire. He also notes the assault on Christianity in the West through...
- Medieval Essays (Book). // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Nov2002, Issue 127, p64
Reviews the book 'Medieval Essays,' by Christopher Dawson.
- "The way from within.". BIHLER, HUGH J. // America;3/26/1949, Vol. 80 Issue 25, p692
The article reviews the book "Religion and Culture: The Gifford Lectures Delivered in the University of Edinburgh in the Year 1947," by Christopher Dawson.
- Barriers to the organic curriculum. Magaret, Helene // America;9/4/1954, Vol. 91 Issue 23, p541
The article discusses the demand of Christopher Dawson for new liberal arts curriculum. It notes that secularists realize that abandoning the Hellenic and Judaeo-Christian heritages can lead to cultural death. The problems that will emerge in the implementation of liberal arts program includes...
- "Religion and Culture" and "Faith and the Renewal of Society" in Christopher Dawson and Pope Benedict XVI. STAUDT, R. JARED // Logos: A Journal of Catholic Thought & Culture;Winter2013, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p31
The article offers the author's insights on the importance of culture for theology and the Church by examining the connections between the statement of Pope Benedict XVI and culture historian, Christopher Dawson. The author says that Pope Benedict has focused on the themes of culture and...
- Christopher Dawson and the Renewal of Catholic Education. Olsen, Glenn W. // Logos: A Journal of Catholic Thought & Culture;Summer2010, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p14
The article focuses on scholar Christopher Dawson's statement that the development of cultures as embodied religion should form the central focus in a history that is determined primarily by political and economic factors. Particular focus is given on its implications to curriculum in Catholic...
- The Case for Christendom. // Time;2/15/1954, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p106
The article reviews the book "Medieval Essays," by Christopher Dawson.
- Essays in Order. J. L. F. // America;7/4/1931, Vol. 45 Issue 13, p309
The article reviews the book "Essays in Order," by Jacques Maritain, Peter Wust, and Christopher Dawson.