To Wonder Again
- Discover the meaning of Easter. Pethers, Dennis // Challenge Newsline;Apr2006, Issue 60, p4
The article focuses on Easter and its meaning. The climax of the Easter story is the raising of Jesus from the dead. Statements which may be true can help man understand the relevance of Easter. Man owes his existence to God. The results of man's ignoring the commands of God include hurting...
- MAN THE RELIGIOUS ANIMAL. Smith, Christian // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Apr2012, Issue 222, p27
An essay is presented examining the question of whether or not religiosity is a "natural" phenomenon and behavior of humanity. An in-depth examination into the connotations of such a question is provided, noting that they have implications for the historical and ontological understandings of...
- A ambivalÃªncia humana: uma perspectiva cristÃ£. COLLI, GELCI ANDRÉ; RUPPENTHAL NETO, WILLIBALDO // Theologica Xaveriana;jul-dic2013, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p403
This work seeks to identify the comprehension of human nature based on a Christian anthropological perspective. It does not deny the obvious tension that is inherent to man, but seeks to understand it as an element of his own, ambivalent nature. Bearing in mind a dual vision, through bivalent...
- El ocaso de la teleologÃa en la naturaleza humana: Una clave de la crisis bioÃ©tica segÃºn Ratzinger. GARCÍA SÁNCHEZ, Emilio // Scripta Theologica;dic2013, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p667
Through the writings of Joseph Ratzinger, this article presents an analytical proposal on the current bioethical crisis. The harm on the inviolability of human life and its dignity, demands not only social action to protect them, but also a nuclear diagnosis from which to design a treatment in...
- You: more than you appear to be! // Christian Science Monitor;3/20/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 81, p19
Comments that every person is a child of God, and so every person is also more important and special than they may appear to be.
- The good news about sin. // Christian Science Monitor;3/8/95, Vol. 87 Issue 70, p17
Talks of sin and the vision of Jesus Christ who conquered sin and temptation. Christ's emphasis of man's spirituality and loving relationship with God; His Sermon on the Mount; Views on the subject by Mary Baker Eddy in her book `Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures'.
- Being human. Kavanaugh, John F. // America;4/26/1997, Vol. 176 Issue 14, p26
Opinion. Presents the author's view of being a human. Comparison between human and animal behavior; How the author define human; Why many individual never fulfill their potential; How can the person observe or discover what kind of person is he; How can a person say if he is unfulfilled person.
- Eve in the Garden of Eden. Rommer, Barbara // Journal of Religion & Psychical Research;Apr2001, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p69
Presents a humorous story about a dialogue between God and Eve. Reason behind God's decision to provide Eve with a man; Characteristics of the man created by God.
- 4 CHURCHES, 1 YOUTH PASTOR. // Group;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p32
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of handling four churches as a Christian youth pastor.