Home Alone in the Universe
- Reading Genesis in the wild. Yancey, Philip // Christianity Today;6/21/93, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p72
The article presents the author's reflections gathered from a reading of the Biblical book of Genesis. Topics addressed include the large gap between paradise and fallen creation, the Creator as a spectator and participant in the world, and the consideration of Causation as a source of dignity...
- Eve and the Apple. FLEMING, BRUCE // Quadrant Magazine;Dec2013, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p46
The article offers the author's insights on aspects regarding the biblical mythology written in Genesis chapter of the bible. He offers an overview of the history of the creation of God and the disobedience of Eve in the garden. He mentions the purpose of Genesis writing which is to challenge...
- Protestants and Natural Law. Charles, J. Daryl // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Dec2006, Issue 168, p33
The article discusses the attitude toward natural law by Protestant Christians. There is a consensus that rejects it because it is not Christocentric and does not treat the sinful nature of humanity serious enough. The author argues that this was not the view of the reformation fathers and that...
- You: more than you appear to be! // Christian Science Monitor;3/20/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 81, p19
Comments that every person is a child of God, and so every person is also more important and special than they may appear to be.
- The good news about sin. // Christian Science Monitor;3/8/95, Vol. 87 Issue 70, p17
Talks of sin and the vision of Jesus Christ who conquered sin and temptation. Christ's emphasis of man's spirituality and loving relationship with God; His Sermon on the Mount; Views on the subject by Mary Baker Eddy in her book `Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures'.
- Being human. Kavanaugh, John F. // America;4/26/1997, Vol. 176 Issue 14, p26
Opinion. Presents the author's view of being a human. Comparison between human and animal behavior; How the author define human; Why many individual never fulfill their potential; How can the person observe or discover what kind of person is he; How can a person say if he is unfulfilled person.
- Eve in the Garden of Eden. Rommer, Barbara // Journal of Religion & Psychical Research;Apr2001, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p69
Presents a humorous story about a dialogue between God and Eve. Reason behind God's decision to provide Eve with a man; Characteristics of the man created by God.
- 4 CHURCHES, 1 YOUTH PASTOR. // Group;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p32
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of handling four churches as a Christian youth pastor.
- KNOW YOUR BIBLE. Wallace, Wilson // Trammel Trace Tribune (Tatum, TX);4/24/2008, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p5
The article discusses various verses from the bible related to the journey of man on Earth and his relationship to God.