Following the Lamb
- SAINT OF THE WEEK. // Our Sunday Visitor;12/ 9/2012, Vol. 101 Issue 32, p2
The article offers information on Saint Lucy, who was one of the most famous martyrs in the Catholic Church.
- SAINT OF THE WEEK. // Our Sunday Visitor;11/21/2010, Vol. 99 Issue 30, p2
The article features Saint Cecilia, patroness of musicians due to a legend that when she was married to a pagan named Valerianus, she did not hear secular music.
- SAINT OF THE WEEK. // Our Sunday Visitor;12/12/2010, Vol. 99 Issue 33, p2
The article features Saint Lucy, one of the most famous martyrs in the Church.
- I used to be a nun. Maiscott, M.L. // Cosmopolitan;Jan1992, Vol. 212 Issue 1, p68
Recounts the author's experiences as a former nun. Why she decided to join a religious order; Life as a postulant; Taking her vows; Decision that convent life was not right for her; How she left; Difficulties re-entering the outside world; Current status.
- Sisters contest reduced Social Security payments. // National Catholic Reporter;3/15/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 19, p9
Reports that about 20 School Sisters of Saint Francis living in Marian Hall Home in Bellevue, Pennsylvania are planning to go to federal court as of March 2002, to try to overturn a decision by the Social Security Administration that reduced their benefits seven years ago. Details of their plan...
- Who will be my sister's keeper? Burns, R. // U.S. Catholic;Feb88, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p2
Editorial. The guilt that should be felt about the shabby treatment religious women have been subject to in the Catholic Church over the years; The poor image of nuns in popular theatre; The financial plight of convents; Suggestion that Catholics `give until it hurts.'
- Nuns are not at a loss to face the future. // U.S. Catholic;Oct92, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p34
Considers the future of nuns as the number of women living in religious communities declines at a rapid rate. How the 1960s saw a dramatic period of growth and interest in the religious life among women; Historical overview of female religious communities since the first century; New issues...
- Sister, 96, honored for service. // National Catholic Reporter;10/13/95, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p7
Reports on the Good Samaritan Award received by Sister Peter Claver Fahy for her services to prisons and inmates. Fahy's messages.
- Of many things. // America;3/25/1989, Vol. 160 Issue 11, p258
Editorial. Applauds Catholics for contributing close to $20 million for the retirement needs of 115,000 US nuns.