Dealing with the dictator: What's next?
- America Takes on Iraq. Leibstone, Marvin // Military Technology;Sep2002, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p8
Analyzes the possibility of a U.S. attack against Iraq. Key concerns of U.S. President George W. Bush's administration in considering a military attack; Challenges in deploying American forces; Iraq's capability to thwart an attack; Justification for an attack on Iraq. INSET: Weapons of Mass...
- IRAQ: Washington Prepares for Another War. Baker, Stephen H.; Donovan, Michael // Defense Monitor;Apr2002, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the U.S. preparations for war against Iraq. Concerns of U.S. government on the provision of weapons of mass destruction to terrorists; Claims of chemical and biological weapons; Insistence of weapons inspections by the U.S.
- War Fears In The Gulf. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/5/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p1
Discusses the economic consequences of a U.S. military attack against Iraq as of August 2002. Decline of the Kuwait Stock Exchange Index; Vital military prerequisites that need to be accomplished; Implications of the November 2002 mid-term U.S. congressional elections for the military campaign.
- Saudi Arabia blocks USAF warplane shift. Fulghum, David A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;02/16/98, Vol. 148 Issue 7, p22
Focuses the plans for an aerial military strike against Iraq. The decision of Saudi Arabia against the use of US Air Force (USAF) craft stationed there; Concern of Saudi Arabia that those aircraft will be shifted to bases in Kuwait or Qatar; Saudi Arabia's desire for a US Strike force to be in...
- US weighs military response to Iraq. Landay, Jonathan S. // Christian Science Monitor;11/13/97, Vol. 89 Issue 244, p4
Focuses on United States preparations, as of November 12, 1997, for a military response to the situation in Iraq, Continuation of diplomatic efforts by the United Nations (UN); Opposition of UN Security council members to any military action; The advantage gained by Saddam Hussein in the...
- Behind US shield, Kuwaitis play a waiting game. Richey, Warren // Christian Science Monitor;2/23/98, Vol. 90 Issue 60, p6
Reports on the attitudes of people in Kuwait about possible air strikes against Iraq by the United States in 1998. The confidence that some people have that Saddam Hussein will not attack Kuwait; Why many feel that Hussein is too unpredictable to feel comfortable with; Number of US troops...
- The Gathering Storm. // Middle East Monitor: East Med;Sep2002, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p1
Reports the likelihood of a U.S. military action against Iraq. Effects of border instability on Islamic groups in Egypt; Consensus concerning the exact timing of any attack; Evaluation of economic and political consequences resulting from the attack.
- US pulls back from the brink. Ash, Toby // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/27/96, Vol. 40 Issue 39, p8
Reports that the United States has withdrawn from its plan to launch a new round of hostilities against Iraq after Baghdad announced that it would no longer target allies aircraft policing the no-fly zone in the north and south of the country. Reluctance of Gulf War allies to embrace any further...
- Letter to the Congressional leaders on Iraq. Clinton, Bill // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;5/12/97, Vol. 33 Issue 19, p687
Presents the American President's May 8, 1997 letter to the House of Representative about the status of military operations in Iraq. Threat posed by Iraqi President Saddam Hussein to his people and the region; Enforcement of the northern and southern no-fly zones; Elimination of Iraq's weapons...