Conde Nast tests waters in crowded finance category
- Mixed bag at mags in 1st quarter. Lockwood, Lisa // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/4/1994, Vol. 167 Issue 43, p16
Reports on the financial performance of Conde Nast Publications' magazines for the first quarter 1994. Advertising pages; Projection for the second quarter; Circulation; Softness in apparel and retail category.
- CN revamps struggling start-up. Kerwin, Ann Marie // Advertising Age;4/13/1998, Vol. 69 Issue 15, p39
Reports that Conde Nast Publications is making changes to its magazine `Conde Nast Sports for Women' in 1998. Decision to drop the Conde Nast name from the title; Number of subscribers; Switch to an every-other-monthly publishing schedule; Reactions to the changes.
- French Glamour bites the dust. Deeny, Godfrey; Fallon, James // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/16/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 117, p8
Reports on Conde Nast's closure of its `French Glamour' magazine. Impact of recession on magazine industry in Europe; Views of Conde Nast president Gardner Bellanger; Financial performance of Glamour.
- Conde Nast mulls women's sports book. Adams, Mark // MediaWeek;11/6/95, Vol. 5 Issue 42, p6
Reports on Conde Nast's (CN) plan to develop a prototype for a women's sports magazine. Appointment of Lucy Danziger ad editor under CN editorial director James Truman; CN president Steven Florio's comments about the plan; Danziger's plans for the magazine; Background on CN's operations.
- A LA MODE. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/4/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 44, p7
Reports on Conde Nast France's preparations for the launch of `French Glamour' magazine.
- Brits go magazine happy. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/6/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 47, p12
Reports on the plan of Conde Nast to create a men's health, fitness and sports magazine, named `GQ Active' and a British edition of `Conde Nast Traveller' in September 1997. Capital investment for the new magazines; Target circulation for each magazine.
- BULKING UP. Lindsay, Greg // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/29/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 45, p14
Highlights support gained by 'Teen Vogue' from Conde Nast and its corporate office. Efforts of 'Vogue' publisher Richard Beckman and his sales team to pitch 'Teen Vogue' to Conde Nast's largest clients; Inexpensive vehicle toward potential six-figure discounts.
- THE FALL AND RISE OF 'DETAILS'. Walker, David; Golden, Reuel // Adweek Eastern Edition;3/5/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 10, pSR58
Discusses the business decline and eventual recovery of the magazine 'Details.' Decision of magazine owner Conde Nast Publications Inc. to cease circulation and transfer the title to its Fairchild Publication division; Planning and implementation of the magazine's re-design; Changes the themes...
- THE FALL AND RISE OF 'DETAILS.' Walker, David; Golden, Reuel // MediaWeek;03/05/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 10, pSR58
Offers a look at the actions taken by the design team of Dennis Freedman and Edward Leida to rebuild Conde Nast's `Details' magazine. Information on the temporary closure of the magazine in the Spring of 2000; Efforts to relaunch the magazine; Persons who took part in the management of the...