Conde Nast tests waters in crowded finance category
- Mixed bag at mags in 1st quarter. Lockwood, Lisa // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/4/1994, Vol. 167 Issue 43, p16
Reports on the financial performance of Conde Nast Publications' magazines for the first quarter 1994. Advertising pages; Projection for the second quarter; Circulation; Softness in apparel and retail category.
- CN revamps struggling start-up. Kerwin, Ann Marie // Advertising Age;4/13/1998, Vol. 69 Issue 15, p39
Reports that Conde Nast Publications is making changes to its magazine `Conde Nast Sports for Women' in 1998. Decision to drop the Conde Nast name from the title; Number of subscribers; Switch to an every-other-monthly publishing schedule; Reactions to the changes.
- Brits go magazine happy. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/6/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 47, p12
Reports on the plan of Conde Nast to create a men's health, fitness and sports magazine, named `GQ Active' and a British edition of `Conde Nast Traveller' in September 1997. Capital investment for the new magazines; Target circulation for each magazine.
- French Glamour bites the dust. Deeny, Godfrey; Fallon, James // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/16/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 117, p8
Reports on Conde Nast's closure of its `French Glamour' magazine. Impact of recession on magazine industry in Europe; Views of Conde Nast president Gardner Bellanger; Financial performance of Glamour.
- Conde Nast mulls women's sports book. Adams, Mark // MediaWeek;11/6/95, Vol. 5 Issue 42, p6
Reports on Conde Nast's (CN) plan to develop a prototype for a women's sports magazine. Appointment of Lucy Danziger ad editor under CN editorial director James Truman; CN president Steven Florio's comments about the plan; Danziger's plans for the magazine; Background on CN's operations.
- A LA MODE. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/4/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 44, p7
Reports on Conde Nast France's preparations for the launch of `French Glamour' magazine.
- BULKING UP. Lindsay, Greg // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/29/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 45, p14
Highlights support gained by 'Teen Vogue' from Conde Nast and its corporate office. Efforts of 'Vogue' publisher Richard Beckman and his sales team to pitch 'Teen Vogue' to Conde Nast's largest clients; Inexpensive vehicle toward potential six-figure discounts.
- SHOPAHOLICS UNITE. Jacobs, Heidi // Adweek Southeast Edition;11/20/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p50
Presents information on the `Lucky' magazine launched by Conde Nast Publications in November 2000. Reason for loving the magazine; Features of the magazine.
- THE FALL AND RISE OF 'DETAILS'. Walker, David; Golden, Reuel // Adweek Eastern Edition;3/5/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 10, pSR58
Discusses the business decline and eventual recovery of the magazine 'Details.' Decision of magazine owner Conde Nast Publications Inc. to cease circulation and transfer the title to its Fairchild Publication division; Planning and implementation of the magazine's re-design; Changes the themes...