Sylvan Plans Common Stock Buy-Back To Increase Shareholder Value
- Sylvan reports decline in op. income on revenues that grew 35.3% in 1997. // Electronic Education Report;03/25/98, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the decline in Sylvan Learning Systems' operating income in 1997. Increase in revenues; Increase in net income; Strong performance of Sylvan's operating units.
- Sylvan Learning Centers in play. FitzGerald, Nora; Gazdik, Tanya // Adweek Midwest Edition;07/07/97, Vol. 38 Issue 27, p4
Reports on the review of Sylvan Learning Centers' advertisement account. Search for a national direct response agency to handle the business; Investigation of additional direct marketing approaches; Increase in system revenues; Awarding of national media assignment to Western International Media.
- Sylvan Learning Centers in play. FitzGerald, Nora // Adweek New England Edition;07/07/97, Vol. 34 Issue 27, p4
Reports on the firm Sylvan Learning Systems Inc.'s review of its advertising account. Capability, strategic and creative presentations; Search for a national direct response agency.
- Sylvan Learning Centers in play. FitzGerald, Nora // Adweek Southeast Edition;07/07/97, Vol. 18 Issue 27, p4
Reports on Sylvan Learning Systems Inc.'s placement of its advertising account in review. Sylvan's objectives in conducting the review; Focus of Sylvan's advertising campaigns.
- With a little help from their friends. Rogers, Alison // Fortune;9/19/1994, Vol. 130 Issue 6, p238
Looks at the efforts of entrepreneurs Doug Becker and Chris Hoehn-Saric of Sylvan Learning systems, a tutoring and testing services company in Columbia, Maryland. 1993 sales for the education firm which has three business; Their invention the LifeCard; Future.
- With a little help from their friends. Rogers, Alison // Time International (South Pacific Edition);9/19/94, Issue 38, p10
Features Sylvan Learning Systems of Baltimore, Maryland. Expansion; Founders Doug Becker & Chris Hoehn-Saric; Other business ventures. Educational background.
- A sylvan invasion. Hancock, LynNell // Newsweek;12/19/1994, Vol. 124 Issue 25, p52
Looks at Sylvan Learning Systems, Inc., the latest chapter in the search for private-sector solutions to public school failure. How it taps into the $7 billion federal Chapter One money targeted for poverty-level students with low achievement records; The company's history; Its 1994 sales; Its...
- Across the nation: National. // Education Week;1/25/95, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p4
Reports on the plans of the Sylvan Learning Centers Inc. to buy two companies involved in training and tutoring.
- Seacost intelligence. McCord, Michael // New Hampshire Business Review;03/27/98, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p17
Profiles Sylvan Learning Center opened at the Pease International Airport in Newington, New Hampshire which offering courses to educate employees and Molly Malone's restaurant in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. Services offered by the learning center; Comment by Sean Hoeing, director of the Pease...