Follett To Install Sprout's Print On Demand Systems In College Stores
- LPC Gets Sprout. P., D.; Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;2/14/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 7, p76
Focuses on the business deal between Sprout Inc. and LPC Group, a distributor of independent publishers in the United States. Plans of the companies to install a custom-designed Sprout database management print-on-demand system in Chicago, Illinois; Statement issued by David Wilk, president of LPC.
- Indie Stores Install Sprout. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;6/5/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 23, p9
Highlights the agreement of Sprout, a digital book wholesaler, with the members of the Independent Booksellers Consortium (IBC) to install its print-on-demand technology in their stores by the end of 2000. List of IBC stores; Aim of the agreement; Opportunity offered by Sprout to the stores.
- Sprout to Put POD Systems in Texas STM Bookstore Group. Summer, Bob // Publishers Weekly;1/3/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 1, p20
Reports that Sprout Inc. and Majors Scientific Books Inc. announced a strategic alliance that will place Sprout's print-on-demand (POD) production system in Majors' retail book store in Houston, Texas in February 2000. Capabilities of the production system; Plans of Majors to install Sprout's...
- Europe's new pecking order? Berendt, Annelise // Telecommunications - International Edition;Sep98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p25
Focuses on strategic alliance trends among telecommunication companies in Europe to expand communication networks in the country. Involvement of companies such as Esprit Telecom and Viatel to carve out niche markets in the region; Plans of industry players to give more attention to neglected...
- Intelligent alliances. Segil, Larraine // Executive Excellence;Jul97, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p19
Discusses ways on how to develop a well-planned strategic alliance. Development of an internal strategic analysis as it relates to both tactical and strategic alliances; Process of developing strategy; Distinction between strategic and tactical alliances; Benefits from the strategy.
- A Preliminary Typology of Learning in International Strategic Alliances. Tsang, Eric W. K. // Journal of World Business;Fall99, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p211
The idea of gaining access to sources of know-how located outside of the organization through strategic alliances is increasingly popular. This article examines the issue of learning in strategic alliances. Two different objects of learning are discussed and compared. They are "learning the...
- VERBALTEK/MVION FORM MARKETING ALLIANCE. // Telephone IP News;Dec2000, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p2
Reports on the marketing alliance formed by VerbalTek Inc. and mvion.
- FAULDING ACQUIRES RIGHTS TO PACLITAXEL IN EUROPE. // Worldwide Biotech;Apr2001, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p2
Focuses on the long-term alliance made by Faulding Pharmaceuticals with NaPro Biotherapeutics, Inc. for the marketing and sale of paclitaxel throughout Europe.
- Teaming up for success. Doorley III, Thomas L. // Business Quarterly;Summer93, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p99
Discusses how strategic alliances provide growth and improve competitiveness in corporations. Examples of corporations forming alliances; Advantages and risks.