Converse Turns 100
- Canvassing the Neighborhood. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Feb2008, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p44
The article discusses the consideration of the Converse All Star Chuck Taylor basketball shoe as the classic American canvas sneaker, and the shoe choice for the National Ball Association (NBA) basketball players, Baby Boomers, teens and even celebrities and designers. Furthermore, the Chuck...
- Converse gives ball to Jackson for $2 million `values'-able campaign. Lefton, Terry // Brandweek;01/12/98, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p3
Reports that rookie basketball player, Bobbie Jackson, of the Denver Nuggets, is the endorser of Converse's $2 million campaign for its Elevate sneaker and its new brand theme `Stay True.' Cost of the sneaker; When the campaign is expected to break; Decision by athletic apparel and sneaker...
- In Praise Of Chucks. Kim, Albert; Mravic, Mark // Sports Illustrated;02/05/2001, Vol. 94 Issue 5, p36
Focuses on the Chuck Taylor All-Stars brand sneaker by Converse. Debut of the shoe in 1917; Professional athletes who have donned the sneaker, including Bob Cousy and Wilt Chamberlain; Declaration of bankruptcy by Converse in January 2001.
- Hen picked. O'Brien, Richard; Hymon, Steve // Sports Illustrated;3/15/93, Vol. 78 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the shoe contract signed by Muddy, the Toledo Mud Hen mascot, with Converse. Free sneakers for the 1993 season.
- Converse Files Ch. 11, Closes 3 Plants. Clark, Evan // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/23/2001, Vol. 181 Issue 15, p18
Reports on the Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection filed by athletic footwear maker Converse Inc. in January 2001. Plans for the closure of manufacturing operations; Financial restructuring; Possible shift in production operations to a supplier in Asia.
- Converse Files Broad Trademark Suit. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/15/2014, Vol. 208 Issue 78, p3
The article offers information on the trademark suits filed by Nike Inc.-owned Converse at the Federal District Court for the Eastern District of New York on October 14, 2014 against various footwear manufacturers that include Ralph Lauren, Fila, and Tory Burch.
- HISTORICAL TIMELINE. Gelman, Amy // New York (0-8225-4057-6);2002, p64
The article presents a historical chronology of events related to New York.
- Pharaonic dates and figs. Jueneman, Fred // R&D Magazine;Feb98, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p13
Opinion. Presents an individual's views pertaining to the dating techniques of early and late Egyptian dynasties. Reference to Peter Hopkins book `Secrets of the Great Pyramids'; Information on the early Egyptian dynasties; Background information on this topic.
- HISTORICAL TIMELINE. Johnston, Joyce // Maryland (0-8225-4094-0);2003, p64
The article presents a historical chronology of events related to Maryland.