Lack of Key Items Challenges Holiday Sales for Sporting Goods
- All Stars: Top Sporting-Goods Stores In North America by
2003 Revenues. // FN: Footwear News;11/1/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 43, p18
Presents a tabular representation of the top sporting-goods chains in North America based on 2003 revenues. Foot Locker; Sports Authority; Dick's Sporting Goods; Pacific Sunwear; Big 5 Sporting Goods.
- DC Move Hurts Profits for Big 5 Sporting Goods. // Material Handling Management;Apr2006, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p12
Reports on the impact of unexpected costs attributed to the transition of Big 5 Sporting Goods Corp. to its distribution center in Riverside, California on the company's fourth-quarter results in 2005. Efforts of the company to improve productivity and efficiency at the new distribution center;...
- FN STOCK BOX. // FN: Footwear News;6/7/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 22, p38
Provides statistics related to the U.S. footwear industry as of June 2004. Total sales of the Bakers Footwear company as of June 3, 2004; Price-earnings ratio of the Big 5 Sporting Goods company; Increase in the sales of the Dicks Sporting Goods company; Composite index of the footwear...
- Pristine stores and competitive pricing raise regional to the major leagues. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;9/8/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 17, p42
Focuses on the business performance of Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Level of competitive advantage; Assessment on the revenue growth of the firm; Number of dealers.
- Calif. sporting goods chain to increase Utah presence. Jones, Lara // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/19/98, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p1
Announces the expansion plan of El Segundo, California-based chain Big 5 Sporting Goods in Utah. Successful opening of a flagship Utah store in Saint George; Contracts signed by the firm to lease on shop space in West Valley City and Layton; Scheduled opening of the two stores; Growth of the chain.
- HARD LINES. // Chain Store Age;Sep2003, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p26
Presents news briefs related to retail trade as of September 2003. Completion of a merger between The Sports Authority and Gart Sports; Introduction of several Dunkin' Donuts shops inside the stores of The Home Depot in New England; Income posted by Big 5 Sporting Goods for the second quarter...
- Big 5 Sporting Goods Corporation SWOT Analysis. // Big 5 Sporting Goods Corporation SWOT Analysis;Jan2013, p1
A business analysis of Big 5 Sporting Goods Corp., a retailer of sporting goods and accessories, is provided, focusing on its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities for improvement and threats to the company. Strengths include merchandising strategy. Weaknesses include the dependence on a single...
- SG INDUSTRY'S MOMENTUM CONTINUES IN THIRD QUARTER. // SGB;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p11
The article reports on the top sporting goods retailers' rising profit margins and strong comparable-store gains in 2010. It is stated that a 3.8 percent gain at Dick's Sporting Goods Inc.'s stores has been observed with a 5.1 percent growth in the comparable-store sales. It is mentioned that 52...
- Footwear, Apparel Drive Dick's Third-Qtr. Results. Kletter, Melanie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/17/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 108, p10
The article reports on the financial performance of Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. for the third quarter of 2005. Dick's Sporting Goods delivered a strong third quarter. Earnings for the three months ended Oct. 29, 2005 were $4.2 million, up from a loss of $2 million in the year-ago period. Sales at...