DATA & FORECASTS
- March Inflation at 9%, More than Expected. Kinetz, Erika // India -- West;4/22/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 22, pA35
The article reports on the progressive increase in prices of fuel which is expected to rise by 9% which adds to worries on pricing pressures across Asia.
- Price Growth To Slow In Q208? // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2008, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p7
This article presents an economic outlook for Czech Republic for 2008. It is noted that price growth is expected to remain elevated during the first quarter of 2008. In an effort to tackle persisting inflationary pressures, the national bank is expected to hike its policy rate from the current...
- Tight Housing Market To Feed Inflation. // Middle East Monitor: The Gulf;Apr2008, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p1
The article reports that a slight easing of inflation in the United Arab Emirates to an average of 7.9% year-on-year is expected, on the back of increased housing supply. The rising cost of residential and commercial property has been a source of major concern for consumers and businesses alike....
- Chapter 4. Prices. // Montenegro Economic Trends;Mar2002, p20
Discusses the price trends and inflation in Montenegro as of March 2002. Details of the price trends from October 2001 to January 2002; Factors that contributed to the price changes in products and services in Montenegro; Forecast on price trends and inflation.
- DR Congo: Inflation Turbulence On Its Way Out. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/11/2010, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p20
The article provides an economic outlook for the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) for 2010. Analysts expect price pressures in the DRC to begin cooling in early 2010 following a year of high and rising inflation. Data from the Banque Centrale du Congo (BCC) revealed an increase in consumer...
- South Asia Frontiers: Food Inflation Concerns Temporary. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/5/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p7
The article provides an outlook on South Asia's frontier markets in 2012. Business Monitor International (BMI) has remained confident that food inflation will continue to moderate as the global grain markets return to surplus in 2011/2012 although there is a sharp increase in July 2011 inflation...
- China: BMI Raises CPI Forecasts. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/11/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 42, p6
The article discusses the predicted increase in consumer prices across China. Factors leading to the rise in China's inflation forecast for the first half of 2008 include the severe snow storms, stagnant rail, road and air transport, and shortage in coal and fresh food. A low base effect is also...
- Another year of house price inflation? // Accountancy;Feb1988, Vol. 101 Issue 1134, p31
This article reports that on the prediction of Halifax Building Society that house prices in Great Britain will continue to rise for 1988. However, according to Halifax, some slow down may be observed in south of England. In 1988, inflation should stay between 5% and earnings again rise by 7% to...
- Prices. // Autumn Report;Autumn2004, p87
Focuses on the consumer, administered and industrial producer prices in Europe in 2003. Rate of consumer prices at the end of 2003; Reason for the deceleration of in consumer and industrial producer prices; Forecast on inflation rate in 2004 and 2005.