REGIONAL INDICATORS: VIETNAM
- US Relations: Trade But Not Defence. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Nov2006, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p4
The article presents political outlook for Vietnam. According to the author, the U.S. appears to be actively courting Vietnam as both a trade partner and a military ally. The relation of the two countries presents a highly attractive opportunity for U.S. firms, both as a rapidly expanding export...
- Vietnam: COUNTRY ANALYSIS REPORT. // Vietnam Country Profile;2009, p1
The article presents the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental structure in Vietnam. It highlights the country's current strengths, current challenges, future prospects and future risks. It explores the country's external trade, balance of trade and foreign direct...
- Country Risk Summary: VIETNAM. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 2;Apr2003, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p6
Presents political, economic and business risks face by Vietnam as of April 2003. Political stability of the country; Factors contributing to growth in the country's economy; Significance of economic reforms for the country's economy.
- Country Risk Summary: VIETNAM. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jun2003, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p6
This article overviews political, economic and business environment of Vietnam as of June 2003. Vietnam's one-party state is expected to remain stable in the coming years. A high-profile action corruption, which began in late February with the start of the trial of Mafia boss Nam Cam and 154...
- Country Risk Summary: VIETNAM. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Nov2003, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p6
This article focuses on economic, political and business environment of Vietnam as of November 1, 2003. Two men who were sentenced to death in 1999 for their part in Vietnam's largest corruption trial have had their death sentences reduced to life imprisonment. The case involved two businessmen,...
- Vietnam: Country Forecast: Comment & Analysis. // Political Risk Yearbook: Vietnam Country Report;2005, p11
Analyzes conditions in Vietnam as of January 2004. Comment and analysis on domestic issues; Political situation; International relations.
- Background Note: Vietnam. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Vietnam;May2004, p1
Provides information on Vietnam. Geographical background; People and history; System of government; Economic conditions; Relations with other countries.
- VIETNAM: RIKS SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Sep2006, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p4
The article presents a summary of Vietnam's political risk, economic risk, and business environment. The US-Vietnam World Trade Organization (WTO) Coalition commends Vietnam for allowing greater religious freedom. 14 of 25 European Union states voted against the proposal to hit Vietnam with...
- VIETNAM: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Mar2007, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p4
The article reports on the country risk ratings for Vietnam as of March 2007. The short-term political rating remained at 81.0, which is the highest rating in Asia. The short-term economic rating is 65.0 with trends indicating the country's reliance on non-renewable resources. The business...