Pause The Applause On Election Announcement
- Government Structure. // Burma (Myanmar) Country Review;2009, p61
The article provides an overview of Burma's structure of government as of 2009 with emphasis on its executive branch, cabinet system, and elections.
- Government Structure. // Burma (Myanmar) Country Review;2010, p61
The article offers information on the government structure of Burma (Myanmar) such as its constitution, administrative divisions, and political parties and leaders.
- General elections or a election of generals. // Asian Pacific Post;11/11/2010, p7
The article reports on the first general elections held in Myanmar in November 2010 after more than 20 years.
- BURMA'S ELECTIONS IN NAME ONLY. Giglio, Mike // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);9/6/2010 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 156 Issue 10, p12
The article discusses government regulations that have been established regarding the national elections in Burma, scheduled to be held on November 7, 2010.
- POLITICAL OUTLOOK: Myanmar. Horsey, Richard // Regional Outlook;2010/2011 Southeast, p42
The article provides political outlook for Myanmar for 2010-2011. It discusses the country's political changes with the election that is expected to bring a new constitution to institutionalize the military's political role and establish a slew of new political structures and institutions. It...
- Myanmar's Elections. SINGH, MOHINDER PAL // Economic & Political Weekly;11/7/2015, Vol. 50 Issue 45, p24
The author comments on the preparations of the government to prepare for the third election in Myanmar on November 8, 2015. The topics discussed include the evolution of the country's electoral practices, the three constitutions adopted in the country for 67 years, and the political candidates...
- GOOD NEWS BAD NEWS. Ernsberger Jr., Richard // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);10/30/2006 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 148 Issue 18, p5
This article offers good news and bad news regarding the country of Burma. The good news is that Burma has a new constitution in the works and elections may be on the horizon. General Than Shwe says Burma needs democracy. The bad news is that the constitution will ensure that the military...
- Country Forecast. // Political Risk Yearbook: Myanmar Country Report;2008, p2
This article provides an outlook for political and economic conditions in Myanmar from 2007 to 2012. It begins with a forecast for a proposal to create a new constitution. It assesses the influence of the international community on the actions of the junta. It also expects the government to...
- MYANMAR'S 2012 BY-ELECTIONS. Tin Maung Maung Than // Southeast Asian Affairs;2013, p204
The article examines by-elections for Burma's (Myanmar) legislative body held April 1, 2012. the need for such elections due to a provision in the country's 2008 constitution preventing cabinet officers or members of the Election Commission from serving as legislators is discussed. The...