TITLE

Polish supplier moves into Germany

PUB. DATE
January 2008
SOURCE
Utility Week;1/18/2008, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p24
SOURCE TYPE
Trade Publication
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
This article reports on the approval made by the city of Cottbus in Brandenburg, Germany on the sale of its 25.1 percent stake in the city's energy municipal supplier Stadtwerke Cottbus to Polenergia. Polenergia is also negotiating to buy the remaining 74.9 percent interest in Stadtwerke Cottbus from a subsidiary of DKB. Polenergia has also agreed to take on municipal debt guarantees.
ACCESSION #
30061094

 

Related Articles

  • Atlanta leads in stock gains, Los Angeles comes in last. Goodman, Jordan E. // Money;Aug1994, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p37 

    Ranks 24 cities in the United States based on stock performance in the second quarter of 1994. City with the best-performing local stocks; Worst-performing city; Comparison with previous quarter based on Money/Nordby Cities Index.

  • Portas Pilots scheme adds 15 more towns.  // Convenience Store;8/3/2012, p7 

    The article reports that 15 towns selected for the second phase of the Portas Pilots scheme will receive a share of 1.5 million British pounds, a dedicated contact point in government and an opportunity to network with other Portas Pilots.

  • Want to Own a City? BELL, TOM W. // Freeman: Ideas on Liberty;Oct2013, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p15 

    In this article the author focuses on the shares in the incorporated cities. He states that city's residents have some stake in its fortunes, but they do not own fractional undivided interests in the city qua corporation. The author further mentions that no one can own city as cities don't issue...

  • Competitive Note Offerings.  // Bond Buyer;1/9/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33038, p17 

    A chart is presented that lists the competitive note offerings of bond issuers from several cities and municipalities in the U.S. which includes Wichita in Kansas, Greenwich in Connecticut, and Schuyler County, Illinois.

  • The PACE Makers. Hamilton, Tyler // Corporate Knights Magazine;Summer2013, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p58 

    The article discusses the way cities have overcome the barrier of paying for energy-efficiency retrofits through the local improvement charge (LIC) financial tool. It mentions the effective use of LIC by the Yukon government in 1998 that led to a U.S. pilot program called Property Assessed Clean...

  • Two of the oil industry's first and finest cities.  // National Petroleum News;Jan2006, Vol. 98 Issue 1, p14 

    The article recounts the two of the oil industry's first and finest cities in the U.S. Patillo Higgins and three business partners formed the Gladys City Oil, Gas and Manufacturing Co. in August 1892. Moreover, this oil industry changed the city of Port Arthur, which had only become incorporated...

  • LBO Prospects Looking Up, But Fundamentals Still Aren't Great. Hintze, John // Bank Loan Report;4/9/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p4 

    Examines the prospects for leveraged buyouts considering stock fundamentals.

  • Stock Agreement.  // Stock Agreement;1/1/2008, p1 

    Use this form and jargon-free information to control who owns stock in your corporation by creating a stock agreement. A stock agreement -- also known as a �buy-sell agreement,� "buyout agreement" or �shareholders' agreement� -- controls who owns shares of stock in your...

  • INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Private Equity.  // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/24/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p21 

    Provides information about private equity funds in the U.S. as of February 18, 2003. Estimated amount of equity funds of different states; Financial advisors for leveraged buyouts.

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of VIRGINIA BEACH PUBLIC LIBRARY AND SYSTEM

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics