Stealth health food Â» Alligator
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids and the Expression of Membrane Proteins: Emphasis on Molecules of Immunologic Importance. Jenski, L.J. // Current Organic Chemistry;Nov2000, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p1185
Omega-3 fatty acids are associated with a variety of health benefits from normal neurologic development and vision, to heart disease, arthritis and cancer. The Omega3 fatty acid docosahexaenoic acid in particular accumulates in biological membranes and there may serve either structural or...
- THE CHEMICAL COMPOSITION AND MEAT YIELD OF SEXUALLY MATURE CUTTLEFISH (Sepia officinalis). Özoğul, Yeşim // Journal of FisheriesSciences.com;2012, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p99
The objective of the present study was to determine the chemical composition and meat yield for both sexes of adult cuttlefish, Sepia officinalis, in the Mersin Bay, East Mediterranean. The results of meat yield showed that meat yield of adult male cuttlefish were higher than those of the...
- secrets of eating smarter. // Better Nutrition;Jun2005, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p22
This article presents information on nutritional values of eggs, fish and meat. These non-vegetarian food items not only offer complete protein but they're also a great source of vitamins A, B[sub 12], folic acid and riboflavin. In fact, eggs contain tiny amounts of all the vitamins except...
- Good news about red meat. Inge, Karen // Australian Women's Weekly;Nov2007, Vol. 77 Issue 11, p212
This article explores the health benefits of red meat. Red meat is particularly useful for toddlers with small appetites, due to the bioavailable iron it contains. It is now recognised that higher protein diets are a valid option for many people looking to lose weight. Also, red meat has protein...
- NUTRITIONAL ASPECTS AND SEASONAL INFLUENCE ON FATTY ACID COMPOSITION OF CARP (LABEO ROHITA) FROM THE INDUS RIVER, PAKISTAN. Memon, Nusrat N.; Talpur, Farah. N.; Bhanger, Muhammad L. // Polish Journal of Food & Nutrition Sciences;2010, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p217
Seasonal deviations in proximate composition and intramuscular profile of fatty acid of one of the prolific specie of fish Labeo rohita in Indus River, Pakistan, were studied. The lipid content was significantly higher (p<0.05) in spring (1.95%) followed by winter (1.36%), autumn (0.98%) and...
- A type of fat we may need more of. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Mar97, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p4
Discusses the health benefits of taking omega-3 fatty acids, found in fish oils. Use of fatty acids to prevent heart disease; Mitigation of symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis; Prevention of developmental defects in premature babies; Omega-3 as a possible treatment for depression. INSET: Eating...
- Catch of the day: Omega-3 fats, but from fish or capsules? Hudnall, Marsha // Environmental Nutrition;Jul97, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p1
Focuses on the health benefits of omega-three fatty acids including eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). Reduction of blood platelet stickiness by EPA; Stabilization of heart rhythms by DHA; Sources of omega-3 fatty acids; Cases requiring supplements.
- Ingredient showcase. // Snack Food;Aug96, Vol. 85 Issue 8, p58
Features Ropufa in oil or powder form, an Omega-3 fatty acid manufactured by Roche Vitamins. Purification and deodorization of the product; Nutritive value of the product.
- MORE FISH OIL? Michael, Dwight I. // Cortlandt Forum;5/25/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p65
Presents the second runner up of the "Cortlandt Forums" on February question contest on "More Fish Oil."