AN INTERVIEW WITH SOONRAN YOUN
- Emerging: Soonran Youn. Hickman, Pat // Surface Design Journal;Fall2003, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p40
An interview with artist Soonran Youn is presented. Youn notes that every single piece of art she makes brings her various emotions which drive her to confront another work. She believes that making art is to understand herself and life and involves continuous communication with herself. Youn...
- Inheriting Simple Gifts. Zaring, Jane T. // Fiberarts;Sep/Oct91, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p8
The article features textile artist Priscilla Sage and some of her works. She collected four generations of family needlework for a show at the municipal galleries in Waterloo, Iowa entitled "A Fiber Art Tradition: Works by Women." She taught her daughter the techniques of crocheting, weaving,...
- Soonran Youn: Humanity in Sculpture. Hale, Gail Gayer // Fiberarts;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p18
The article presents a profile of Soonran Youn. Youn is a sculptor who received her degree from Indiana University in Bloomington. She specializes in sculpture using fiber as her medium and her artworks are inspired by watching people. She developed her skill since she was a child way back in...
- Modigliani & he Artists of Montparnasse. // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Aug2003, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p11
No abstract available.
- LPI Gallery Update. // Advocate;1/6/87, Issue 463, p73
Reports on the art exhibit held in the offices of the Liberation Publications Inc., the parent company of the periodical 'Advocate,' which features art works of renowed gay and lesbian artists.
- Tiwi dreamtime rugs & hangings. Helms, Lyne // Craft Arts International;Sep98, Issue 43, p99
Focuses on an art exhibition held in Melbourne, Australia which featured the works of the Munupi artists of Melville Island. Information on the Tiwi designs and concepts used throughout the works displayed; Historical information on the Tiwi Islands.
- Sex, Lives and Videotape. Vacca, Jamie // Atlanta;Mar2000, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p24
Reports that the works of four artists from Atlanta, Georgia were among those selected for the Biennial exhibition at New York City's Whitney Museum of American Art to be held in March 2000. Painter Kojo Griffin's use of patchwork people; Inclusion of works from photographer Chris Verene's...
- Line. // New Yorker;2/9/1976, Vol. 51 Issue 51, p27
The article discusses the author's experience of going to the opening of "Drawing Now," the major winter show of the Museum of Modern Art in New York City in 1976. He cites his observations on the different art works shown during the exhibition, as well as various personalities from the art...
- Northern and Central Areas. // Louisiana Life;2008 Annual Gallery Insider, Vol. 27, p12
The article highlights several art exhibitions at various art studios in the northern and central areas of Louisiana. These include the works of Jerry Wray at the Jerry Wray Studio in Shreveport, Kit Gilbert at the Little River Gallery and Studio in Ruston, and John R. Crook at the Vernon Parish...