Benefits of Protecting Investment Portfolios with Options: A Historical Perspective
- 'What's The Market Trend?' Page Gets Improvements, More Color. JUAN CARLOS ARANCIBIA // Investors Business Daily;8/29/2014, pB04
A longtime IBD staple has just undergone a face-lift.
- HAPPY NEW YEAR: YOUR BEST INVESTMENT STRAGEGY FOR 1993. Kuhn, Susan E.; Neumeier, Shelley; Sheeline, William E. // Fortune;1/11/1993, Vol. 127 Issue 1, p25
Discusses the investment strategies for the major markets. Reference to the Standard & Poor's stock range; View of Gregory Nie, a technical analyst with Kemper Securities, that stocks could face a difficult first half; Information that any technology and financial services companies, especially...
- Bid-Ask Spreads and Trading Activity in the S&P 100 Index Options Market. George, Thomas J.; Longstaff, Francis A. // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Sep93, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p381
This paper examines the cross-sectional distribution of bid-ask spreads in the S&P 100 index options market. Cross-sectional differences in bid-ask spreads are found to be directly related to differences in market-making costs and trading activity across options. We also examine the relation of...
- VIX and VIX Futures Pricing Algorithms: Cultivating Understanding. Hancock, G. D'Anne // Modern Economy;May2012, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p284
This article reviews the development of the S&P 500 volatility index and uses market information to develop algorithms which aid in clarifying some of the salient points in the determination of an index value. Understanding the pertinent points provides insight into the interpretation and...
- VIX, it protects and diversifies. Bittman, James // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jul2007, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p38
The article reports on the Volatility Index also known as VIX introduced by Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE) in the U.S. The Volatility Index was developed to track the implied volatility level of Standard & Poor's (S&P) 500 Stock Index options considered as cash-settled index options based...
- When the Market Sleeps. Nelson, Brett // Forbes Global;10/18/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p46
Focuses on the sale of option contracts on the Standard & Poor's 500 Index Max G. Ansbacher, a Wall Street veteran. Description of index options; Risk of selling covered calls; Overview of Ansbacher's trading strategy.
- Nothing to Fear but the Fear Index. Poppick, Susie // Money;Dec2011, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p50
Several graphs are presented regarding the swings in investment markets, including a graph on the number of 4 percent swings in the Standard and Poor's (S&P) index, a graph detailing the Volatility index (VIX) in 2006-2011, and a graph indicating highs and lows of the VIX in 1997-2008.
- New highs within reach. // Dow Theory Forecasts;2/21/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 8, p3
Analyzes the stock market performance in the United States. Dow Jones Industrials; Standard & Poor's 500 Index; Recommended cash position.
- S&P Positive on Hospital. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/24/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32389, p35
The article reports that the outlook of Standard & Poor on A-minus underlying credit assigned to bonds issued by East Liverpool in 1998 for East Liverpool City Hospital was revised to positive from stable. Because of the hospital's improved profitability, the debt service coverage was lifted to...