Recent Developments in Long-Term Care Expenses
- Getting older has its tax benefits. // Inside Tucson Business;01/20/97, Vol. 6 Issue 43, Tax Guide 1997 p8
Focuses on the tax benefits available to people age 55 or older in America. Once-in-a-lifetime tax break; Credit for the elderly or the disabled; Contact information.
- SENATE SUBCOMMITTEE INVITES IDEAS ON TAX CHANGES NEEDED FOR ELDERLY. // Tax Lawyer;Apr66, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p81
Focuses on ideas regarding changes of the tax policy for the elderly in the United States. Request of the Subcommittee of the Senate Special Committee on Aging for suggestions to enhance the opportunity of elderly persons; Impact of the rising level of real incomes in the country.
- Tax help for elderly. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;2/24/2003-3/3/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p35
Announces a free tax counseling for the elderly in Orange County, New York.
- County seeks volunteer tax assistors. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;12/09/96, Vol. 7 Issue 16, p3
Reports that New York's Orange County Office for the Aging and the American Association of Retired Persons will sponsor the county's Annual Tax Counseling for the Elderly Program from February 1 to April 15, 1997. Contact information.
- WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF EMPLOYERS DROP HEALTH INSURANCE? A SIMULATION OF EMPLOYEES' WILLINGNESS TO PURCHASE INSURANCE IN THE INDIVIDUAL MARKET. Abraham, Jean Marie; Feldman, Roger // National Tax Journal;Jun2010, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p191
Although employer-sponsored insurance is the primary source of health insurance for non-elderly individuals, premium growth and federal health insurance reform, including tax credits to purchase individual insurance, might decrease employers' propensity to offer coverage. Using estimates from a...
- Move to cut property tax for Nassau seniors. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/9/95, Vol. 42 Issue 41, p33
Reports on a motion by Nassau County Executive Thomas Gulotta to the Board of Supervisors to deduct property taxes for senior citizens by increasing the maximum income limit permitted by the state law. Municipalities' options; Gulotta's statements.
- Senior citizens exempt from professional tax. Aiyar, Sharda // Chemical Business;Jun96, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p57
Reports that the Karnataka government of India has exempted senior citizens from paying professional tax.
- State STAR program helps senior citizens save on property taxes this year. Fitting, Beth // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;10/26/98, Vol. 12 Issue 22, p21
Provides information about the STAR tax-cut program for homeowners in the state of New York. Distribution of school property-tax bills reflecting savings to senior-citizen homeowners; Eligibility requirements for the tax cut; Components of the STAR program.
- Tax reform for the elderly and other likehoods. Katz, Deena B. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;6/5/95, Vol. 99 Issue 23, p18
Focuses on the proposed legislative reforms on tax exemption and benefits for the eldery in the United States. Proposal to repeal the 1993 tax increase on Social Security benefits; Proposal to provide tax breaks for individuals who purchase long term care insurance; Proposal for an American...