Meet the Clients
- Social centre. // Works Management;Jul2004, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p8
Reports that Stephen Timms, minister for Corporate Social Responsibility in Great Britain has launched a Web site which will act as a repository for information on how the government is supporting the development and spread of corporate social responsibility.
- Letters. Wolthuis, Randy; Cochran, Cindy; Suffia, David; Bower, Stephen P.; Jacob, Brian; Peet, Kathy; Holsopple, Scott; Favocci, Rudy // Money;Apr2010, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p12
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including â€œThe 20 Best Money Websites," "Spending a School Fund," by authors Fleming and Schwarz, and "How to Save on a Classic Watch," all of which appeared in the March 2010 issue.
- The Good and Bad of Ethical Investing. Zweig, Jason; Fitch, Asa // Money;Jan2008, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p62
The article reports on finding a "socially responsible" (SRI) mutual fund which reflects the stockholder's values. Data from Morningstar fund watcher and research by finance professor Meir Statman of Santa Clara University show that there is little value difference between SRIs and regular...
- USEFUL WEBSITES. // Innovation: Management, Policy & Practice;Feb2006 Supplement, Vol. 8, p170
A list of Web sites related to business ethics is presented. The list includes Centre for Tomorrows Company. Also included in the list is Social Accountability International. Other Web sites include the Social Investment Forum, the Council for Ethics in Business and the European Business Ethics...
- ONLY ON PIONLINE.COM. // Pensions & Investments;12/10/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p2
The article presents information on developments featured on pensions and investments web site, pionline.com. Texas Employees Retirement System officials are being encouraged by state representative, Vicki Truitt, to think twice about divesting Iran-related investments. A study states that,...
- Ethical investment is a growth industry. Ainsworth, David // Third Sector;4/30/2008, p29
The article considers the views of Duncan Exley, a long-time campaigner for ethical finance and head of Fair Pensions, regarding the growth of ethical investment. Exley cites evidence that ethical companies actually make more money, and that they are often better future-proofed. He notes that...
- Investing with a conscience. // Black Enterprise;Oct86, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p91
Your stock portfolio need not conflict with your political beliefs. Advice on how to invest successfully without supporting apartheid.
- ETIs, social investing 2 sides of same coin. Devaney, Michael // Pensions & Investments;09/15/97, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p38
Opinion. Focuses on the developments of social investments and economically targeted investments (ETIs). How statistical studies compared the risk-adjusted return performance of ETIs and social funds; Exclusions of socially screened stock funds; Authors view on how to recoup social costs of...
- Investments for the socially conscious. // U.S. Catholic;Sep85, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p26
Christians working for a variety of social and environmental issues have become more aware of how their savings are invested. A small number of mutual funds including the Calvert Fund and Working Assets meet their need to have their money used in a socially responsible way. INSET: Guide to...