- Cable Television in Britain. Hall, Tom // BKSTS Journal;Aug1982, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p398
The article focuses on the increasing interest in cable television industry in Great Britain. Speculations about government proposals for introduction of multi-channel cable television in the country has stirred the interest. There is a possibility of nationwide fiber optic trunk network and...
- Telephony's Standards Seek a New Home. Junkus, Justin J. // Communications Technology;Dec2007, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p16
The article comments on the efforts of the TM Forum to address the standards for providing solutions for cable applications with the establishment of the Cable Interest Group (CIG). Cox, CableLabs, Liberty Global and Time Warner are participating in the CIG. The author feels that both the TM...
- Web extras. // CED;Sep2009, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p33
The article offers news briefs related to telecommunication industry in the U.S. The cable industry is being challenged of delivering video over Internet Protocol (IP) networking. Hitachi will sponsor a webinar that will demonstrate the deployment of fiber access technologies that in demand and...
- The Consequences of Content Pricing. ZAGER, MASHA // Rural Telecom;May/Jun2014, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p14
The article discusses how smaller telecommunication and cable companies are preparing customers for increased rates given the increased power of broadcast stations in dictating retransmission consent fees with no negotiating actually going on. Topic discussed include efforts of most telcos to...
- CableCARDs:. // CableFAX Daily;6/27/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 124, p1
Reports on the deployment of approximately 170,000 CableCARDS by the top media service organizations in the U.S. with the top six operators accounting for 150,000 deployments.
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;4/20/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 16, p15
A calendar of events related to digital television broadcasting in the U.S. is presented which includes several conferences on cable and telecommunications, media financial management and foundation of American women in radio and television.
- Getting Fit to Be Tied. Steinert-Threlkeld, Tom // Multichannel News;4/7/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p38
The author reflects on the need of cable industry to get into wireless communication. He refers to the increasing demand on the used of Internet wherein there is the need for the industry to develop a superior wireless network that can handle advanced forms of Internet communications. He also...
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;6/16/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p36
A calendar of events in the television and telecommunication industries is presented, including the Promax/BDA 2008 Conference from June 17 to 19, 2008, Alabama Cable Telecommunications Association convention from June 17 to 19, 2008 and Ohio Cable Telecommunications Association's 20th Annual...
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;3/9/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p20
A calendar of events for the U.S. in March-April 2015 is presented such as Mississippi Cable Telecommunications Association Convention, National Association for Multi-Ethnicity in Communications Mid-Atlantic Chapter Membership Mixer and 2015 Broadband Cable Association of Pennsylvania Cable Academy.