ICAHN BOOSTS MOTO STAKE
- What's to become of Motorola? Carson, Phil // RCR Wireless News;2/4/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p1
The article reports on the speculation that Motorola Inc. is exploring the structural and strategic realignment of its business, including the possible creation of a standalone company for its devices business. Current investors sent Motorola's stock up more than 10% on the news that a decisive...
- Icahn to Raise Stake in Federated. Poggi, Jeanine; Young, Vicki M. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/28/2006, Vol. 192 Issue 66, p3
This article reports on a plan by billionaire investor Carl Icahn to boost his existing stake in Federated Department Stores by as much as $500 million. Federated said on Wednesday that Icahn notified the company that he plans to seek clearance under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements...
- Company Spotlight: Motorola, Inc. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;Mar2007, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p10
The article profiles Motorola Inc., a leading communications company which provides mobility products. The company's shares have increased 5.13% in March 2007, adding $2.2 billion value to the firm. The firm's shareholder activist Carl Icahn has targeted Time Warner Inc. and urges that it should...
- GM'S HIGH-FLYING SATELLITES LAND ON ICAHN'S RADAR. Jewett, Dale // Automotive Industries;Sep2000, Vol. 180 Issue 9, p11
Reports on the plans of financier Carl Icahn to increase his investment in General Motors Corp. Stocks of General Motors to be acquired by Icahn; Speculations on Icahn's interest on the company; Performance of the Hughes Electronics unit of GM.
- Icahn gives Motricity cash, credibility boost in shrinking content space. Gibbs, Colin // RCR Wireless News;3/5/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p6
The article reports on the $50 million equity funding received by Motricity Inc. from investor Carl Icahn. Motricity, which provides and delivers mobile content for carriers and media companies, named Icahn's son Brett to its board of directors under the terms of the deal. Motricity closed a $60...
- New Heights. Connor, Matt // Casino Journal;Oct2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p16
Profiles corporate financier Carl Icahn. Casino properties owned by Icahn in Nevada; Keys to his success; Benefits of the casino business; Investment strategies employed by Icahn.
- Could a Four-Year-Old Do What Carl Icahn Does? Fox, Justin // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;10/27/2014, p2
The article discusses the approach by investor Carl Icahn to investing in stocks, and the factors contributing to his success such as luck, reputation and activism.
- Gold Diggers. Marino, Jonathan // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jan2011, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p12
The article offers information on the activist investors in the merger and acquisition (M&A) market. As stated, activist investors are increasing their activities with a focus on increasing corporate profits. Activist investor, Carl Icahn, caused Motorola Inc.'s split, separating its consumer...
- FIGHTING TALK. // Total Telecom Magazine;Mar2008, p4
The article reports on the ongoing woes at handset maker Motorola. After he recently acquired more shares in handset maker Motorola to take his stake to 5 percent, investor Carl Icahn made it clear he intends to give the board no rest until they improve shareholder value. He has long been...