REELING IN ADS
- AMC saddles up for reality. Frankel, Daniel // Daily Variety;4/1/2009, Vol. 302 Issue 63, p1
The article reports that AMC will develop a multigenerational family drama television show entitled "True West" to be produced and directed by Brett Morgen. It states that the television program aims to establish a brand identity and achieve high ratings from primetime viewers. It also notes...
- The Grapevine. Garron, Barry // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;06/06/2000, Vol. 363 Issue 18, pS-8
Focuses on the longform television programs cited by critics in the United States for the 1999-2000 season. Recognition of 'The Corner,' 'David Copperfield' and 'Arabian Nights'; Other movies mentioned by critics.
- Lights, camera...not much action. Berman, Marc // Adweek New England Edition;05/28/2001, Vol. 38 Issue 22, pSR18
Discusses the decision of several television networks in the United States to abandon their motion picture programming schedules. Why several networks eliminated their movie night schedules; Decline in the viewership of motion picture television broadcasting based on a research conducted by...
- 'Iwo Jima' charging straight to AMC. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;1/18/2008, Vol. 298 Issue 10, p13
The article reports that AMC has bought the cable television rights of Clint Eastwood's Japanes-language "Letters From Iwo Jima." Reportedly, AMC will schedule it as a primetime special event in February 16, 2008. The cablecast marks the earliest AMC has ever gotten its hands on a theatrical...
- Star Movies Select HD to air 'I Origins'. // Indiantelevision.com;12/15/2015, p6
No abstract available.
- A saga of sisters. // Victoria;Oct99, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p48
Focuses on the made-for-television movie `Aristocrats,' on PBS. Story; Location; Featured actors and actresses.
- Arabian NIGHTS. // Scholastic Scope;4/24/2000, Vol. 48 Issue 16, p6
Focuses on the broadcast of the television movie `Arabian Nights,' on April 30 and May 1, 2000.
- Top cable shows and nets. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/25/94, Vol. 124 Issue 30, p23
Presents information on the top 15 basic cable television programs and movies ranked by households tuning in from July 11 to 17, 1994. Networks; Airtime; Cable rating; Top five cable movies; Nielsen Media Research as data source.
- What's new in cable. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;05/28/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 23, p22
Reports updates on programming of dominant television networks for viewers in the United States. Television program premiere from A&E network; Special programs from AMC network; Original programs from Discovery network; Details on the motion pictures set by FX network.