WB UNSPOOLS VOD PREMIERES
- Narrowing Cable's VOD Window. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/9/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p90
The August 2003 premiere of Warner Bros.'s theatrical thriller 'Cradle 2 The Grave' on video-on-demand (VOD) â€” via digital cable â€” will come after just 17 days worth of home-video and DVD exposure. Operators and distributors have asked studios for windows tight enough to take...
- Move stirs exhib fury. Stewart, Andrew; Dickey, Josh L. // Daily Variety;4/1/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 64, p1
The article focuses on the announcement by several Hollywood film studios including Warner Bros., Twentieth Century Fox Film Corp., and Universal Pictures during the annual CinemaCon in Las Vegas, Nevada regarding their plan to introduce Home Premiere in April 2011 as their official...
- WB leader in Slovakia. Meils, Cathy // Daily Variety;2/25/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 61, p18
Reports the performance of Warner Bros. (WB) in the movie industry in Czech Republic. Top grosser movies produced by WB; Citation on the number of admissions garnered by each movie; Allocation on the financial success of the movies.
- WB eyes more Gallic pix. Williams, Michael // Variety;05/17/99, Vol. 375 Issue 1, p28
Discusses the initiatives of United States studio Warner Brothers to bolster the its involvement in French film production. Plan of Warner's French film topper Francis Boespflug to set up an inhouse production team to develop Gallic pictures; Co-production of Cedric Klapisch's `Maybe' with...
- WB regroups Czech distrib scene. Meils, Cathy // Variety;09/15/97, Vol. 368 Issue 6, p20
Reports on the changes made by Warner Brothers Inc. for its distribution business in the movie industry of the Czech Republic. Phase out of the distribution division of Barrandov Biografia; Retention of the business operations of Warner's Gemini division.
- WB to go Deutsch. Molner, David // Variety;8/28/95, Vol. 360 Issue 4, p42
Reports on Warner Bros.' co-production of a German action film `Nur aus Liebe'. Storyline of the film; Financing of the project.
- WB REVS UP MOVIE MACHINE. Harris, Dana; Hayes, Dade; Dunkley, Cathy // Variety;05/07/2001, Vol. 382 Issue 12, p1
Looks at the plans of Warner Bros. for its 2001 production. Movies to be shown; Concepts behind the movies to be produced; Marketing strategy of the company.
- Poetry without a poet: Warner Bros. pre-code. Thomajan, Dale // Film Comment;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p70
Chronicles the evolution of filmmaking in Warner Brothers. Financial crisis during the Depression period; Rich and elegant Eurotales, `Svengali' and `The Mad Genius' featuring John Barrymore; Crime movies; Musical film `Five Star Final.'
- Netflix reeling in WB content for VOD test. Fritz, Ben // Daily Variety;9/23/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 57, p5
Reports on the negotiation of Warner Bros. with Netflix to use a limited amount of the studio's content for a test of a video-on-demand (VOD) system in the U.S. Plan of the launching of a VOD; Concern of the Hollywood over piracy and existing deals with online VOD companies CinemaNow and...