- Broadcasters Corner: Mark Scott, Managing Director, Australian Broadcasting Corporation. // VIA Satellite;11/1/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p8
The article presents an interview with managing director at Australian Broadcasting Corp. (ABC), Mark Scott. When asked how a new broadcasting technology impacts ABC, he mentions the technology mainly focuses on high definition (HD) television for sports, that doesn't have much impact on ABC....
- Tracking Satellite HD Options. Elrich, David // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/5/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p92
The article reports on satellite high definition (HD) options offered by direct-to-home satellite TV suppliers as of January 2006. It was found that DirecTV aired more than 125 National Football League games in HD. The company also offer HD pay-per-view channel. Dish Network offers a low rate...
- Super Sunday Dead Ahead. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;1/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p56
Comments on the way cable and satellite television operators market their ability to offer the 2004 Super Bowl game in high-definition format. Comparison of Super Bowl viewership and World Series viewership; Advantage of television advertisements on high-definition format; Details of the game.
- DirecTV Announces New Sunday Ticket Program. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;8/18/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p6
Reports on the plan of DirecTV to expand its National Football League Sunday Ticket sports package with interactive programming enhancements and select games in high-definition television as of August 18, 2003. Details of the subscription sports package; Information on interactive enhancements;...
- NTELSAT PLAYS THE NHL. G. D. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/15/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 41, p16
The article reports that the satellite television carrier Intelsat has signed an agreement with the National Hockey League to transmit the league's high definition cable television network via its Galaxy 15 satellite to U.S. cable systems. Intelsat already transmits high definition signals for a...
- DirecTV ramps up for HDTV. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;01/12/98, Vol. 128 Issue 2, p3
Discusses DirecTV's plans to beam high definition television (HDTV) programing to 48 states in the United States in fall 1998, and the live broadcast of HDTV programming from the company's uplink facility in Castle Rock, Colorodo at the 1998 Consumer Electronics Show. Display of programming on...
- DirectTV Launches Hi-Def HDNet Channel. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/17/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p21
Reports the launching of Direct TV high definition television network featuring HDNet channel in El Seguido, California. Replacement of HD sports channel to direct broadcast satellite TV; Agreements of the programmers with different professional sport events; Promotion of the HD television.
- Soccers fans giving Sport 7 the boot. Edmunds, Marlene // Variety;11/04/96, Vol. 364 Issue 14, p39
Reports on Netherlands-based sports channel Sport 7's financial difficulties.
- STAR TV scores Indian hockey. Van Housen, Caty // Hollywood Reporter;11/28/95, Vol. 340 Issue 1, pI-5
Reports that STAR TV has acquired the broadcasting rights to Indian field hockey in Asia.