NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL
- Mapping Nat Geo's New Road. Grossman, Andrew // Multichannel News;1/9/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p26
The article reports on the launch of high definition television programming of National Geography as of January 9, 2006. At launch, 90% of NGC-HD's shows will be in high definition. The remaining 10% will be standard definition programming. National Geographic Channel's primetime ratings...
- THE SOPRANOS. Allison, Romano // Broadcasting & Cable;1/26/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 4, p18
Reviews the fifth season of the high definition television program "The Sopranos" from HBO.
- What's On HDTV And Where to Get It. Antonoff, Michael // Sound & Vision;Oct2003, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p99
Presents information on the television stations in the U.S. that broadcast their programs in high definition television (HDTV). Schedules of programs in HDTV; Cable and satellite channels in HDTV; Local broadcasters of HDTV.
- hdtv basics. Gaughn, Michael // Sound & Vision;May2004, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p74
Presents information on high-definition TV (HDTV). Factors to consider in choosing HDTV; Formats used in broadcasting digital TV programs; Types of HDTV.
- CABLE & SATELLITE. Antonoff, Michael // Sound & Vision;Jun2003, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p66
Presents an update on several cable and satellite high-definition television programs in the U.S. as of June 2003. HBO-HDTV; Discovery HD Theater; ESPN HD.
- HDTV watch. Antonoff, Michael // Sound & Vision;Sep2003, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p14
Presents updates on high definition television broadcasting in the United States as of September 2003. Proposal of Fox Network to deliver its prime-time program on high definition format; Television program of Discovery HD Theater;
- The future of HD in Europe. // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Jul/Aug2005 Supplement, p14
The article presents a roundtable discussion about a variety of issues relevant to high definition TV in Great Britain. The advantages and challenges associated with high definition TV are discussed. The correlation between digital readiness and high definition applications is highlighted. Ways...
- The WB Sees the Big Picture. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/8/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 36, p14
Reports on the plan of the WB television (TV) network to double its high-definition television (HDTV) output in fall 2003. Statement issued by Hal Protter, senior vice-president of the WB; Television programs that are included in the HDTV scheme; Significance of HDTV to the broadcasting of...
- NESN hits a home run with its new HD facility. Anderson, Susan // Broadcast Engineering;Jul2006, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p42
The article provides information on the television station New England Sports Network which provides sports events and news coverage in New England. The television network broadcasts around 150 Red Sox games each season and in-depth pre- and post-game shows. The company employs Sony HDC910...