PLACING HIGH-DEF BETS
- Team Spirit. Clarke, Melanie M.; Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;3/15/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 11, p32
Reports on the high definition television broadcasting of sports in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania by Comcast SportsNet. Responsibility of Bob Ayars, vice president of technical operations for Comcast SportsNet; Equipment used by the company.
- ESPN Adds ESPN2-HD. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/20/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p27
The article reports that Entertainment and Sports Programming Network (ESPN) has unveiled a second high definition television channel, ESPN2 HD and a college sports network to its portfolio of sports channels. The channel will be formally launched in January 2005 as a simulcast of ESPN2 and will...
- I can see clearly now. DeCourcy, Mike // Sporting News;10/27/2006, Vol. 230 Issue 43, p11
This article presents a humorous account of the author's decision to purchase a high definition television (HDTV) and the impact it's had on his watching sporting events. After three years of researching, the author details his purchase of an HDTV as well as the differences between male and...
- RUSH HD. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/4/2008 Guide to HD TV Programming, Vol. 23, p14
The article focuses on Rush HD, the first-ever high-definition television channel in the U.S. that is dedicated to adventure sports. It states that the channel is available on Cablevision's iO digital cable service. An overview of the channel's signature programming is offered. The channel was...
- Start signal for Bundesliga. Ringrose, Fergal // TVB Europe;Jan2006, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p27
The article reports that Berlin, Germany-based TV service provider, TopVision GmbH has produced the first Bundesliga German Premiership game in HD for the pay TV broadcaster, Premier and its subscription channel, Premiere HD Sport. TopVision transmitted the game between VfB Stuttgart and FC...
- Cut the Cable. Seff, Jonathan // Macworld;Jun2011, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p10
The article compares the digital television and cable television. It is stated that the reason why people prefer to have an HDTV with the cable connection is the ability to watch games on a big screen while is often not possible to watch a home team play on the Apple TV due to blackout...
- Kickoff. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/27/2003, Vol. 378 Issue 41, p6
Television broadcasting company InDemand has signed new digital network CSTV: College Sports Television as its first content provider for the pay-per-view distributor's upcoming high-definition channel.
- 9.5 million-4.5 million. // BRW;4/5/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p18
The article reports on business conditions in the Australian digital television industry. The Australian Digital Suppliers Industry Forum expects sales of television sets and set-top boxes to reach 9.5 million units in the period 2008-2013. The industry will be boosted by high-definition...
- Winter Olympics. Dick, Brad // Broadcast Engineering (World Edition);Mar2006, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the application of high definition technology in the broadcasting of the 2006 Winter Olympics in Torino, Italy by NBC Universal. Challenges of producing the Winter Olympics in high definition; Shift to high definition workflow; Graphics solution for high definition workflow.