Comcast Bulks Up
- You down with VOD? Yeah you know me! M. R. // CED;Dec2008, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p20
The article reports on the implications of Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) 130 standards for the telecommunication industry in the U.S. It mentions that through SCTE, video-on-demand (VOD) is poised to make money for cable operators through dynamic pre and post rolls as well...
- Big 10 fracas: It's always somebody. M. R. // CED;Dec2008, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p22
The article discusses various developments involving the regional sports network called the Big Ten Network in the U.S. It mentions that Comcast Cable Communications Inc. and Charter Communications Inc. had refused to put the network on their basic tiers, with Comcast citing a Big Ten tax for...
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;6/16/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p36
A calendar of events in the television and telecommunication industries is presented, including the Promax/BDA 2008 Conference from June 17 to 19, 2008, Alabama Cable Telecommunications Association convention from June 17 to 19, 2008 and Ohio Cable Telecommunications Association's 20th Annual...
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;3/9/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p20
A calendar of events for the U.S. in March-April 2015 is presented such as Mississippi Cable Telecommunications Association Convention, National Association for Multi-Ethnicity in Communications Mid-Atlantic Chapter Membership Mixer and 2015 Broadband Cable Association of Pennsylvania Cable Academy.
- backtalk. // Communications Technology;Jun2007, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p90
Several photographs of professionals from the broadband cable engineering industry attending various events is presented.
- Web extras. // CED;Sep2009, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p33
The article offers news briefs related to telecommunication industry in the U.S. The cable industry is being challenged of delivering video over Internet Protocol (IP) networking. Hitachi will sponsor a webinar that will demonstrate the deployment of fiber access technologies that in demand and...
- CableCARDs:. // CableFAX Daily;6/27/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 124, p1
Reports on the deployment of approximately 170,000 CableCARDS by the top media service organizations in the U.S. with the top six operators accounting for 150,000 deployments.
- Cable Television in Britain. Hall, Tom // BKSTS Journal;Aug1982, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p398
The article focuses on the increasing interest in cable television industry in Great Britain. Speculations about government proposals for introduction of multi-channel cable television in the country has stirred the interest. There is a possibility of nationwide fiber optic trunk network and...
- Telephony's Standards Seek a New Home. Junkus, Justin J. // Communications Technology;Dec2007, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p16
The article comments on the efforts of the TM Forum to address the standards for providing solutions for cable applications with the establishment of the Cable Interest Group (CIG). Cox, CableLabs, Liberty Global and Time Warner are participating in the CIG. The author feels that both the TM...