Insight Offers 20-Mb Option
- REPORT: CONNECTED-TV USER TWICE AS LIKELY TO CUT CORD. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;8/12/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 32, p7
The article reports that owners who have Internet-connected television (TV) are more likely to cut their pay-TV service as compared to users without a connected TV, according to research and advisory company Diffusion Group.
- Worldwide Pay-TV Subscriber to Reach 907 Million. Massé, Dan // Microwave Journal;Feb2013, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p63
The article reports a substantial increase in the subscribers of the Pay-TV market, premium channels offering subscription-based television services, in the year 2012, and forecasts an increase in the number of global internet protocol television (IPTV) subscriber base in 2013.
- National TV Digitization Drives 100% IPTV Growth in Asia, Says ABI Research. // Wireless Satellite & Broadcasting;Jul2012, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p14
The article presents information on a survey conducted by the market research firm ABI Research Inc., according to which, digitization of the cable networks will rise Internet television (IPTV) subscriptions worldwide at 70 percent from 2012 to 2017 with100 percent growth in the Asia-Pacific.
- TV MILESTONE AHEAD. // Total Telecom+;Apr2013, p6
The article offers information on a report by the consulting firm Pyramid Research which predicted the international Internet Protocol (IP) television subscriptions to exceed the 100 million mark in 2013.
- REPORT: IPTV DEFIES MARKET. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;8/19/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 33, p6
The article reports that internet protocol television (TV) providers including AT&T U-Verse and Verizon FiOS have added a net 398,000 subscribers in the second quarter of 2013, making IPTV as the lone bright spot for the pay-TV industry.
- OTT fever grips Europe. Hunter, Philip // Broadcast Engineering Exclusive Insight;3/19/2012, p7
The article presents several over-the-top (OTT) announcements which broke among Europe's pay TV operators and broadcasters. The France Telecom Orange Group launched its "la nouvelle TV d'Orange" as an upgrade to its existing IPTV service. Operators in all categories in Europe are deploying OTT...
- Rads TV. Curran, Chloe // Offbeat;Jun2011, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p12
The article informs that the Radiators' three night "Last Round Up Farewell Tour: The Last Watusi," will be available on pay-per-view through iClips.net.
- Starz Eyeing Branded SVOD Platform for Pay-TV Operators. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;3/9/2015, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p4
The article discusses entertainment company Starz that has invested in Starz Play International, a Subscription video on demand (SVOD) service that aims at distributing original content for Pay-TV operators and notes the demand for over the top video.
- Cablevision ramping up triple-play efforts this year. // Latin America Telecom;May2015, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p3
The article reports on the plan of Argentinian cable television (TV ) and broadband provider Grupo Clarin SA to ramp up the marketing of tripleplay fixed voice telephony, Internet and pay-TV bundles in the second half of 2015 prior to the expanded network-wide launch of the packages by early 2016.