THROUGH THE WIRE
- Viacom cools jets on pacts. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;5/20/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 33, p1
Reports that television firm Viacom Inc. chairman and chief executive officer Sumner Redstone denies the news that he and Mel Karmazin have conflicts in the United States. Annual shareholders' meeting; Plans of the firm's governance committee to discuss succession and its weak stocks; Cash flow...
- Redstone climbs the Great Wall. Jones, Arthur // Variety;8/12/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 12, pA2
Reports on the efforts of Sumner Redstone, chairman and chief executive of Viacom Inc., to forge a deal to market children's television in China. Foreign broadcasters that have access to China's television market; Significance of Viacom to China; Condition of the television industry of China.
- Splitsville gets the OK by Sumner. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;4/20/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 13, p1
Reports that Viacom Inc.'s chief executive Sumner Redstone has approved the split in half of Viacom, which merged with CBS in 2000, by the first quarter of 2006. Statements by co-chief operating officers Leslie Moonves and Tom Freston; Expectation for CBS to generate cash from retransmission,...
- TO DIVIDE AND CONQUER. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;3/17/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 57, p1
This article reports that Sumner Redstone, chairman of Viacom Inc., said that he is considering splitting the company back into two. Viacom launched the era of the modem media megamerger five years ago. Redstone said that he had authorized the board to explore a division creating two separate...
- CAPTAIN REDSTONE. Lowry, Brian // Daily Variety;1/12/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 8, p4
The article reports that the telecommunications company Viacom's chairman Summer Redstone dispelled any notions of his lesser support in the supervision of his divided empire. He also cited the link of video games and show business as entertainment industry's last recourse. It has been figured...
- Kane Outlines Blueprint for Viacom Group. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;10/24/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 43, p12
Highlights the plans of Viacom Group CEO Tom Kane for the company. Number of TV stations owned by Viacom Group; Challenges facing Kane and his company; Reorganization on some of the stations of Viacom Group; Information on how Kane was selected to lead Viacom Group; Professional background of Kane.
- Viacom Numbers:. // CableFAX Daily;5/12/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 93, p2
Reports on the prediction by Viacom CEO Tom Freston that digital television revenues will reach $500 million within three years.
- Comcast reels in Viacom sports nets. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;07/12/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 26, p6
Reports on Comcast Corp.'s acquisition of several regional sports networks from Viacom Inc. Branding and marketing opportunities from sports programming.
- 10 QUESTIONS FOR SUMNER REDSTONE. Gough, Neil // Time;10/4/2004, Vol. 164 Issue 14, p8
Presents an interview with Sumner Redstone, chairman and chief executive officer of Viacom, the American media giant. Redstone's perspective on the CBS news controversy; Possible impact of the incident on the brand; His reaction when CBS News finally backed down after its defense of its story;...