- EQUIPMENT NEWS. // Wildfire;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p26
The article evaluates several firefighting products which includes SwiftCAF ATV system from Intelagard Inc., Portable water tank from Husky Portable Containment and Air Tank ID Tags from Structural Composite Industries.
- Sporting gear. Plueddeman, Charles // Outdoor Life;Oct96, Vol. 198 Issue 4, p75
Evaluates all-terrain vehicles. Polaris Xpress 400L from Polaris; Fourtrax 300 from Honda; Suzuki Quadrunner F250 from Suzuki; Arctic Cat Bearcat 454 2x4; Kawasaki Lakota 300 from Kawasaki; Yamaha Big Bear 2WD from Yamaha.
- Backcountry brutes. Skorupa, Joe; Cox, Rich // Popular Mechanics;Jun93, Vol. 170 Issue 6, p29
Offers a comparison test of five all-terrain-vehicles (ATVs). Honda 300 Fourtrax; Kawasaki Bayou 400; Polaris 4x4 350; Suzuki King Quad; Yamaha Kodiak 400.
- Ice capades. McCosh, Dan // Popular Science;Dec93, Vol. 243 Issue 6, p94
Comments on the booming interest in sport-utility vehicles, fueled mainly by suburban driving in inclement weather. Offers a comparison test of four-wheel-drive utility vehicles including the Ford Explorer, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Range Rover, and Toyota Land Cruiser. INSET: Value versus utility,...
- IT'S A BIKE, IT'S A TRIKE, IT'S AN ATV! Smith, Steven Cole // AutoWeek;4/2/2007, Vol. 57 Issue 14, p8
The article evaluates the all-terrain vehicle 2008 BRP Can-Am Spyder from Bombardier Recreational Products.
- Fire extinguishers. // Consumer Reports;Feb1988, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p101
The need for different types of fire extinguishers for different locations in the home. Ratings according to price. Rated features include: dimensions, weight, UL rating, convenience, pressure indicator, and rechargeability. Recommendations given. INSET: Fighting fire with water..
- GOING BIG TIME. WALLACE, RICK "WALLYWORLD" // DIRTSports;Dec2013, Vol. 9 Issue 104, p32
The article evaluates the 2014 Polaris RZR XP 1000 all terrain vehicle.
- 250REVIVAL A BRAND-NEW OLD CLASSIC. ASSAD, ALAIN // ATV Trail Rider;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p38
The article reviews the Honda TRX250R all terrain vehicle (ATV) offered by Honda from 1986 to 1989.
- PUSHING BOUNDARIES In Tough Times. // ATV Rider;Sep/Oct2009, Issue 66, p32
The article presents information on the new Polaris all terrain vehicle (ATV) models presented at the 2010 Polaris Innovations in Wyoming Minnesota. The Polaris Ranger EV is described as an off-road ranger with 30 horsepower, a 48-volt Brushless alternating current (AC) induction motor while the...