RIDERS ON THE STORM
- Welcome to Mr Miracle. Younis, Naveed // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/4/2008, Vol. 337 Issue 7673, p816
A personal narrative is presented about a patient referred to as Mr. Miracle who had diabetes for 75 years.
- MY LIFE. // Children & Young People Now (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd;11/9/2010, p4
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience as a paramedic.
- Supporting support workers. Muddiman, Barbara // British Journal of Healthcare Assistants;Jun2010, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p306
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience in the British National Health Service as a nursing auxiliary who rose to the post of learning and development instructor/assessor.
- My Worst Day. Wetherell, Margaret // Teen Ink: Our Voices, Our Visions;2000, p179
The article presents a personal narrative of the author's experience of witnessing her mother commit suicide. The author discovered the suicide note early, thus her mother was saved by the paramedics. After the mother was released from the hospital, the whole family went to a psychologist and...
- Primary percutaneous coronary intervention. Garratt, Sarah-Louise // Nursing Standard;6/6/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p59
The article relates the author's experience as a trainee paramedic on a two-year foundation degree in paramedic science in Stafford, England. The author was able to expand her knowledge of the pathophysiology of acute myocardial infarction (AMI), electrocardiograms (ECGs), and thrombolytic...
- Woman with woman - A Doula's story. // AIMS Journal;2006, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p10
The article discusses the author's experience of becoming a doula who provides emotional, physical, and spiritual support to the laboring mother in Great Britain. Before she became an avid supporter of Vaginal Birth After Caesarean, she went through caesarian birth and has received special...
- On the rebound. // Bay Area Reporter;6/22/2006, Vol. 36 Issue 25, p94
The article discusses the author's experience during of recovery from an illness. She had a two-month stay at the hospital and had Nancy Haas as her physical therapist. In her unit at the hospital, Greg Spacato was another factor who helped her speed up her recovery. When he has already...
- Nursing attendants in the ICU? You bet! Raffensberger, Donelle // RN;Dec92, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p17
Proposes that nursing attendants could be assigned to patient care duties to solve the shortage of critical-care nurses. Three main functions of nursing attendants; Importance of communication between registered nurses and nursing attendants.
- Breath of life. Pooley, E. // New York;4/30/90, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p96
Profiles the work of two New York City paramedics on a night when they are aiding people having difficulty breathing because they are old, asthmatic, alcoholic, diabetic or terrified of dying. Calls they respond to; Ways they give aid.