Animus Toward Union Taints Budget Cuts
- The Structure of Management Rights Clauses in Major Metropolitan Firefighter Contracts. Wortman Jr., Max S.; Overton, Craig E. // Labor Law Journal;Oct78, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p624
Describes both general and specific management rights clauses in firefighter collective bargaining agreements in major municipalities in the United States. Role of management rights in the public sector; Analysis of contracts; Trade-unions' efforts to limit management discretion.
- Firefighters set deadline over disputed pay deal. Day, Karen // Public Finance;6/25/2004, p7
Reports on key controversies over the wage dispute between firefighters and their employers in Great Britain. Threats of industrial action by firefighters; Trade unions; Proposals for a ballot for industrial action.
- Houston Sues to Limit Firefighter Pension Funding. Williamson, Richard // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;1/23/2014, p1
The article reports that the city of Houston, Texas is filing a lawsuit against operators of the Houston Firefighters' Relief and Retirement Fund in order to limit contributions to the pension fund. Topics discussed include mayor Annise Parker's claim that the pension plan is financially...
- A murky world: industrial relations negotiations. // Fire;Oct2013, Vol. 107 Issue 1362, p13
The article focuses on the 2013 trade union dispute between the British government and the Fire Brigades Union (FBU). It mentions that the main issue of conflict between the two is the inability of firefighters to get a pension before the age of 60. Other topics discussed include the industrial...
- San Bernardino Bankruptcy Exit Remains Elusive. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;8/3/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34353, p1
San Bernardino reached a tentative agreement with the police union, but negotiations continue with its firefighters' union and the holder and insurer of its pension obligation bonds.
- RHODE ISLAND: Firefighters in Accord. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;9/27/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33389, p9
The article reports that Mark Pfeiffer, a retired associate justice of the Rhode Island Superior Court, carried off changes to a collective bargaining agreement with the International Association of Fire Fighters 1485 to cut pay and benefits.
- Untitled. // Personnel Today;6/2/2009, p17
The article reports that local firefighters' unions in England are protesting plans to cut front-line jobs, which they say will put their lives at risk and reduce their ability to respond to 999 calls. Fire crews at Greater Manchester, North Yorkshire and Essex have criticized the Fire...
- Untitled. Baker, Kat // Personnel Today;6/2/2009, p18
The article reports that local fire fighters's unions are outraged at proposals to cut frontline jobs at fire stations in England, which they say will reduce their ability to respond to 999 calls and put their lives at risk. Fire fighters at Greater Manchester, North Yorkshire and Essex have...
- NYC Firefighters Union Loses Insurance Coverage. // Best's Review;Sep2002, Vol. 103 Issue 5, p115
Reports that New York City firefighters union has lost insurance coverage. Insurance broker for the union; Issuance of nonrenewal statement for the union.